Need For Speed Update Adds New Multiplayer Events, Prestige Mode
The latest update brings new ways for you to compete in single-player and multiplayer events.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Need for Speed has received a new update, which adds new events to both the single-player and multiplayer modes. Players can now compete in new multiplayer SpeedLists, and those who have completed the story can play "Prestige" versions of the game's solo events.
SpeedLists bring a series of five predetermined events for competition amongst human players in Quick Play, Speed, Style, or Mixed modes. Each event earns you points for the place you finish at, and whoever has the most points at the end wins. Once the winner is decided, you can sit put and wait for another SpeedList to start. Playing will earn you a title from Street Urchin to World Champion; you can take a look at the full list at the bottom of the article.
Prestige mode comes once you finish the solo campaign. It adds a new app to the in-game phone, which lets you to switch between regular and Prestige events whenever you like. The new events are more challenging versions of the ones you played throughout the story.
New Activities come in the form of Drift Corners and Speed Runs and will test your drifting and speed control skills. All you have to do is approach a specific corner and drift around it for points, or drive through a Speed Run as fast as possible. Keeping yourself from running into a wall or anything else will get you a better score.
Other additions include new achievements and trophies based on the new SpeedLists and Prestige mode. Daily Challenges have also received a change; instead of having to complete all three to be rewarded with a decal, you now earn one with each challenge completed.
You can see the full list of patch notes on Need For Speed's website or in the list below:
- There are different types of tournaments, so choose the one that suits you: Speed, Style, or Mixed.
- Use the time between SpeedLists to tune your car and get the winning edge.
- The higher you finish in each event, the more SpeedPoints you'll rack up.
- Join a SpeedList at any moment and you will race the next event available in the tournament.
- Street Urchin
- Sunday Driver
- Wannabe Racer
- Stick shifter
- True Contender
- Rising Star
- Night Rider
- Top Competitor
- SpeedList Junkie
- SpeedList Pro
- SpeedList Master
- Urban Legend
- Chosen One
- The 1%
- Top 100
- Top 10
- World Champion
- Events from the story in Hard Mode
- Offers a collection of tougher Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw events.
- Once you've completed Story mode you can expect a call from some old friends to let you know about this new challenge.
- Turn on Prestige from your phone to toggle between regular and Prestige events.
- Increasingly tough target scores for Gold in each event.
- Drift or Speed? Choose your style and compete with your friends for the best scores in these short skill challenges.
- Drift long, hard and fast through the Drift Corners to smash the target score.
- If Speed is your game, then some short and challenging Speed Runs are out there for you.
- Remember not to collide and keep up the pace so you can leave your mark on the Speedwall.
- Collect them all and keep playing to stay top among your friends and earn those bragging rights.
- Challenges now offer a unique wrap editor decal for each Challenge beaten.
- There are over 150 Daily Challenge decals to collect, previously only available if you beat all three daily challenges.
- Keep playing to earn more decals and personalize your ride.
- Forced Induction and a new visual Engine are all now available on the Ford 1932 Hotrod
- New Community Campaigns for REP bonuses, $ bonuses and discounts - keep watching our Social Challenges for details on upcoming events
- 3 brand new Achievements & Trophies.
- Improved network warning messages for players with a poor connection
- New red zone on the rev counter to clearly see your rev limit
- Updated Drag Race Outro comparison screen
- Various Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Multiple stability fixes
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org