NBA 2K19's Release Date And Special Edition Guide (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) For The US
He shoots, he scores.
A new season of basketball approaches, and just like clockwork this year's basketball video games are starting to come out. NBA 2K19's release date of September 11 has arrived on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, although pre-ordering the 20th Anniversary Edition got you in a few days early.
If you're unsure about picking up the game, you can check out the Prelude demo that is available now and gives a sampling of the game's story mode. Progress made in that can be carried over to the full game, making it a good place to start.
Below, we've rounded up all the information you need to know about what comes in each edition of the game, what kinds of pre-order bonuses were available, and where you can buy the game right now.
NBA 2K19 Standard Edition
Pre-ordering NBA 2K19 standard edition got you 5,000 Virtual Currency, 10 MyTeam packs (delivered one a week), and a Giannis Antetokounmpo Sapphire MyTEAM card. Here's where it's available and how much it costs.
- Amazon -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | Switch
- Best Buy -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | Switch
- GameStop -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | Switch
- Microsoft Store -- $60 -- Xbox One
- Newegg -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | Switch | PC
- PlayStation Store -- $60 -- PS4
- Steam -- $60 -- PC
NBA 2K19 20th Anniversary Edition
This version of the game costs $40 more than the standard edition, so what do you get for that extra money? Here's a rundown.
- 100,000 Virtual Currency
- 50,000 MyTeam points
- 20 MyTeam League Packs (delivered one a week). Build your perfect fantasy team featuring a guaranteed Sapphire LeBron card and more.
- 10 MyTeam Heat Check Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 5 LeBron-themed murals for MyCourt
- LeBron MyCourt design
- King's Collection--Nike LeBron apparel & footwear (25 pairs)
Here's where you can order the 20th Anniversary Edition version.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org