Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Patch Notes For April 1 Update
For the third day in a row, TaleWorlds releases a new patch for its medieval action RPG, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, to fix bugs in the game.
TaleWorlds Entertainment has released another patch for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, which is now out via Steam Early Access. This patch follows on the heels of a day one update and day two patch, the latter of which addresses a pesky bug that was affecting the Rival Gangs quest.
Like the March 31 patch, the April 1 patch for Bannerlord addresses a bunch of bugs that have been causing the game to crash. The patch doesn't focus on any one quest though--instead it addresses several problems associated with both Bannerlord's single-player campaign and multiplayer modes. The full patch notes are listed below.
"We know that many of you are experiencing issues that are preventing you from enjoying the game right now, for which we are very sorry," TaleWorld wrote in a blog post. "With the help of you, our community, we are finding and fixing these issues and pushing updates out as soon as we can. Unfortunately, as was the case with [the March 31] patch, this [April 1 patch] may result in previous save files becoming unplayable for some people. We will always try to ensure that your save game remains compatible with each update, however, sometimes this will not be possible."
Despite the pressing need for further bug fixes, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is Steam's biggest release of 2020. Within its first day, the medieval action RPG managed enough sales to propel it into the top 10 games on Steam, only trailing behind Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Dota 2.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord April 1 Update Patch Notes
- Some of the crashes from older saves are fixed and these saves can be used again. (especially caused by fencing stolen goods & rival gang leader quests).
- Enabled Steam cloud saves.
- A bug that was preventing some players (especially Windows 7 users) from logging into the multiplayer lobby has been fixed. There may be further issues in this regard. We are investigating the matter.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when entering a custom battle.
- Various localisation fixes. Some texts are only in English due to lacking localisation tags. Now they can be updated by translators and will be added to the game soon.
- Some variable texts were not shown correctly. Some of them are fixed, more will be fixed in upcoming patches.
- Some Turkish translation corrections and typo fixes.
- Fixed an AI-related issue that crashed the game.
- Fixed an AI calculation error on aiming ranged weapons against mounted enemies.
- Fixed launcher not being visible for some users.
- Fixed errors and crashes after changing language in multiplayer.
- Fixed encyclopedia faction "Part of" crash on creating player faction.
- Hero crafting stamina is now saved. Loading does not restore stamina.
- Localized text manager does not crash on invalid source file.
- Fixed a crash that occurs in some towns when we try to take a walk.
- Fixed a crash that occurs during a conversation with various characters.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after activating the “Fencing Stolen Goods” quest.
- Fixed a crash when creating a new hero. Mainly happened when opening a new campaign or having a baby.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when “Headman Needs Grain” issue time out.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player clan gained renown while the player character is a prisoner.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a quest time out in Quest Manager.
- A crash caused by initiating peace barter with heroes that do not have parties has been fixed.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player has created their own kingdom and the conspiracy progress quest starts.
- Added notifications to certain parts of the Main Storyline.
- Fixed a bug where using the ransom all prisoners button didn’t give roguery XP.
- Removed ransoming prisoners' trade skill gain.
- Decreased ransoming prisoners' roguery skill gain by 40%
- An issue with the 3rd banner piece fixed.
- Party initialization in Radagos' Hideout is changed to a more stable version.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting "You're breaking the law." option when the "Family Feud" quest is active.
- Fixed quest NPC remains in the player's clan at the end of the Family Feud quest bug.
- Fixed quest NPC remains in the player's clan at the end of the Lord Needs Tutor quest bug.
- Fixed getting Family Feud quest NPC as a companion and progressing in Rebuild Your Clan quest bug.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when Lord Wants Rival Captured Issue Quest Quest Giver becomes a prisoner.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to force village notables to give supplies/recruits.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a game that is saved during the Extortion By Deserters quest is loaded.
- Fixes a possible crash that might occur if the player loads a game that was saved during the following quests: Merchant Needs Help With Looters, Escort Merchant Caravan, Locate And Rescue Traveller (tutorial quest), Travel To Village (tutorial quest), Istianas Banner Piece, Arzagos Banner Piece.
- Players that are at war with minor factions will now be able to join kingdoms even if the kingdom is not at war with that minor faction.
- Fixed the bug where war state with factions that have been destroyed was not being cleared.
- A crash related to successfully making peace through barter has been fixed.
- Changed Strong Smith perk description to Controlled Smith
- Fixed a charm skill exploit which happens in marriage barter.
- Fixed a bug where companions were unable to be used after sending them to fix an issue.
- If you have some troops outside of the hideout, you are no longer taken as a prisoner anymore when you lose an encounter.
- Fixed a crash that occurs sometimes after a siege battle (after dying in siege battle, after go to defend in a siege, after trying to exit from a siege etc.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player tried to select & sell prisoners.
- 200 cap removed from workshops.
- Exploit at smithy and wood workshop is fixed.
- Defection amounts of clans decreased.
- Sally out probability decreased.
- +1 base daily militia for villages removed.
- Starving effect is halved for garrisons at fortifications.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.