Mortal Kombat X-Inspired Beer Is on the Way
Another video game beer is here.
Juggernaut gaming franchises Call of Duty and Fallout already have their own beer, and now another one of gaming's biggest names, Mortal Kombat, is getting involved. Warner Bros., Sound Brewery, and Global Beverage Traders have announced a series of beers based on the fighting game Mortal Kombat X (via Polygon).
Here's what they look like (full descriptions below):
The beers include a "Scorpion" imperial stout, a "Sub-Zero" imperial IPA, and a "Raiden" imperial saison Belgian-style ale. All of them aim to "match the intensity and excitement" of the game with their "bold flavors."
Here are the official descriptions for each brew, along with the ABV.
SUB-ZERO IMPERIAL IPA
- Refreshingly cooling on a warm day, an Imperial India Pale Ale that’s not all about the hops or the malt but is a whole lot of both fighting it out for your palate’s supremacy. Drink icy for more of the hops or warmer for more malt. 8.5%
RAIDEN IMPERIAL SAISON
- This amped up Imperial Saison has a blast of hops and CO2 that will hit your tongue with a bang. The aroma jumps out of the glass with its earthly and herbal notes not far behind. 8%
SCORPION IMPERIAL STOUT
- A unique blend for great Imperial Stout brings both fire and ice into your glass. The fiery southwest chilies and cooling Madagascar Vanilla Bean pair nicely with the exotic notes produced by our own yeast strain. 8%
These are officially licensed brews; they come in 22oz bottles and will be available through a "limited release." They were made by Sound Brewery in Poulsbo, Washington.
For more on video game beers, check out the links below.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Gets Its Own Beer, Called "Black Hops"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beer Taste Test [VIDEO]
- Fallout 4 Beer Promises "Hoppy Taste and Floral Aroma"
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.