More Details on PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne's Co-op Mode and Gameplay
From a Bloodborne panel during the PlayStation Experience, we learned even more details about the game and how it compares to From Software's other similar titles.
Overwatch 2 replacing Overwatch 1 | GameSpot News The Boys: Eric Kripke Explains Herogasm's Wildest Moments Elden Ring Developer’s Next Game Is Almost Finished | GameSpot News Way of the Hunter Release Date Trailer Sega Mega Drive Mini 2 More Games Revealed The Last Case of Benedict Fox Gameplay Trailer PUBG MOBILE x GB Teddy Bear buddies Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Xur Location June 24, 2022 AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES – nirvanA Initiative Launch Trailer Capcom Fighting Collection - Launch Trailer Outriders Story Recap Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Launch Trailer
During a Bloodborne panel today at the PlayStation Experience, the game's director, Hidetaka Miyazaki, went even more in-depth than the keynote earlier in the day.
Here's a quick run-down of a few of Miyazaki's notes from the panel:
- Over 10 maps in the world.
- Each map is unique with it's own "situation."
- The Chalice dungeon is a multi-layered map located in the city's lower levels
- Procedurally generated, but massive, spanning the entire underground area of the city.
- Each area in the underground has a holy chalice; finding that allows you to break the seal and access another section.
- By multi-layer, that means there are three layers to present different surprises and traps to widen the game's strategy
- After generating your dungeon through the Holy Chalice ritual, it stays fixed. That allows players the opportunity to master each dungeon while still providing "fresh and interesting" experiences.
- Assume the difficulty level of the dungeons is high. They won't be easy to breeze through.
- Like Demon's Souls, the focus on is on the sense of accomplishment and achievement after clearing a dungeon.
- Increase the scale of sharing. Players will be able to share generated dungoens and the methods they used to complete them. You can narrow those down to specific communities or just a close group of friends.
- The Chalice Dungeon isn't tied into the main story; it's optional.
And points from the Q&A:
- Character customization will be about on level with Dark Souls II, but there will also be some unique features. As an action-RPG, it'll have everything "to be expected from an RPG."
- The team is working to keep the game running at the highest frame rate they can, and the final specifications will depend on what works best for the experience.
- There is PvP in the game.
- There might be something along the lines of the fight in Dark Souls II where you took on the role of a boss and fought against another player.
- The concept of dying and Hollowing from Demon's/Dark Souls will exist in some form in Bloodborne as well.
- The dungeon you saw during the keynote was made for the presentation; the actual dungeons will be much larger and more complex.
- The boss characters are also part of the randomly generated element.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.