Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Patch Notes For Update 13.00
Everything in the new update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
The latest update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is now out on Xbox One and PS4, adding two new variant monsters and implementing a "layered weapons" feature and a whole lot of bug fixes. The update is also coming to PC on April 8.
The new update is 1.4GB on PlayStation 4, and 2.1GB on Xbox One. This is the last update that will come to consoles first--after this, all updates will release on Xbox One, PS4, and PC at the same time.
The patch adds the new monster variants Raging Brachydios and Furious Rajang, and new armour sets for each. These new types of Brachydios and Rajang, and the new strategies that will be needed to combat them, are discussed in the Developer Diary Volume 5 video.
As far as unlocking these tense new hunts, the patch notes say "both monsters will appear in new special assignments after finishing the main story of Iceborne and unlocking the tundra region in the Guiding Lands."
The biggest new feature added is weapon layering, allowing item aesthetics to be customized without changing the all-important stats. You can read more about how layering works here.
The level cap for master rank armor upgrades has been raised, and a few quality-of-life changes have been made to Steamworks operations.
A new item has been added that will allow quest leaders to banish a monster from the Guiding Lands, and new decor and BGM are available for rooms in Seliana. New charms have been added, including Fury Charm V, Power Charm V, Mighty Charm III, and Challenger Charm V. All of these additions are exclusively for players with the Iceborne expansion.
The rest of the patch notes detail the various bugs that have been ironed out in the 13.00 patch--you can read through the whole list here, or below.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Update Ver. 13.00 Patch Notes
Main Additions / Changes
- Raging Brachydios has been added.
- Furious Rajang has been added.
(Both monsters will appear in new special assignments after finishing the main story of Iceborne and unlocking the tundra region in the Guiding Lands.)
- Added an item that forces a monster to leave the Guiding Lands.
- Raised the maximum level cap for master rank armor upgrades.
- Added an augmentation feature that lets you customize the look of your weapon.
- Added an option to the Steamworks that lets you change the Steamworks' output.
- Applied a change to the Steamworks that lets you activate the auto mode after sending the Steamworks into Overdrive.
- New decor can now be placed in your room in Seliana.
- New BGM can now be played in your room in Seliana.
- Added new designs for the Squad Card.
- New Pendants added.
- Applied a change that lets you receive Hunter Helper Rewards from master rank quests.
- Added the following charms: Fury Charm V, Power Charm V, Mighty Charm III, Challenger Charm V.
- You can now collect item rewards on the round just before a Steamworks overdrive.
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments
- Fixed an issue where the options "Take All" and "Sell All" were reversed when the items prepared via oven roast totaled 9999 in your item box.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, abilities wouldn't rotate when storing potential for awakened weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the great sword 'Empress Galea "Styx"' would be ordered incorrectly when sorting.
- Fixed an issue where numerical values would not correctly display in the Steamworks results screen.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, an error would occur when joining a squad Online Session using the Online Session ID.
- Fixed an issue where, after taking certain steps, a posted quest could not be found in a search.
- Fixed the description text of some music player songs.
- Fixed an issue where the Beetle Ticket could not be used as a material to meld items.
- Fixed an issue where Ruiner Nergigante would be displayed in the Guiding Lands monster list, even though the conditions for it to appear haven't been fulfilled.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, an armor's abilities would not be correctly reflected in the hunter's status while augmenting the armor.
- Fixed an issue where the color of Dober β Layered Legs would not display properly after changing the color.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, an error would occur when entering your own room.
- Fixed an issue where guest players would become unable to move if they were removed from the Gathering Hub at certain times.
- Updated the tutorial for additional features of the squad to explain that subleaders can invite other players to the squad.
- Fixed an issue where even before you reach Seliana, the recruitment message "Let's hang out in my room!" would be available as an option.
- Fixed an issue where some Palico weapons would appear in an unnatural spot when sorting by rank.
- Fixed an issue where when joining another player's quest, if the quest host cancels the quest at a specific time, the name of the previously completed quest and not the quest that you joined would be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon from The Witcher weapon tree would not appear when placed on the equipment display.
- Fixed an issue where there would be a disparity between the Safi'jiiva siege result screen and the information displayed at the quest counter.
- Fixed an issue where the chat recipient could not be changed after entering a loading screen with the chat window open.
- Fixed an issue where the items created from the oven roast would not roll correctly.
- Fixed an issue where you could not leave the mini-canteen at camp if the mini-canteen menu and the quest complete notice appeared on the same exact frame.
- Updated the description text for the Chrome Halberd III gunlance.
- Updated the description text for loading Wyrmstake Blast, found in the weapon control section of the hunter notes.
- Fixed an issue where Raider Ride monsters would get stuck on a wall when jumping from a certain position.
- Fixed an issue where Safi'jiiva's behavior would become unnatural on slanted terrain.
- Fixed an issue where a player would be afflicted with an abnormal status or blight when using the lance's counter-thrust or counter claw against Gold Rathian's somersault, Kirin's lighting strike, or Fulgur Anjanath's mucus attack.
- Fixed an issue where rewards for breaking parts would not be rewarded when breaking Black Diablos' back.
- Fixed an issue where Safi'jiiva would not transition areas normally.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, the appearance and fleshiness of Nergigante's tail would not be consistent after it had been severed.
- Fixed an issue where in multi-monster challenge quests, the second monster would not appear and the quest would be complete.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, Ruiner Nergigante would appear outside an area of the Guiding Lands.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, a monster would not become enraged.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, Velkhana's ice wall would not break down after it was slayed.
- Fixed an issue where an enraged Yian Garuga could avoid pitfall traps even if the conditions for trapping it are met.
- Fixed an issue where monsters would sometimes behave unintentionally when near Boaboa.
- Fixed multiple issues related to sound effects and visual effects that displayed within the player's tent when Safi'jiiva is in the lowest level of the Secluded Valley.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, Rajang would still perform its pinning attack, even if it had not successfully landed it.
- Fixed a game-stopping bug that occurred in the Guiding Lands when performing a flinch shot on a Rathalos that is transitioning areas.
- Tweaked to make monster staggers longer when a player uses the clutch claw on a staggered monster in an area where the player cannot enter.
- Fixed an issue where a Kelbi would sometimes act erratically after it had its horns broken off.
- Mitigated conditions that made it harder to land the long sword's spirit helm breaker under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the Handicraft skill would not trigger at the start of a quest.
- Fixed an issue where the FINAL FANTASY XIV Jump gesture would be unintentionally deleted from the shortcut of an item loadout.
- Fixed an issue where during multiplayer, the other players' mantle effect time would not be synchronized correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Oolong male head armor would not display in certain cutscenes viewed from the gallery when the full Oolong armor set is equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the extract bonuses to the Flinch Free skill would be carried over when switching from the Insect Glaive to another weapon.
- Increased the element level of the Elscarad and Arginesse kinsects.
- Fixed an issue where if the player attached the Melynx Teddy pendant to the Adept Stormslinger and started walking, the pendant would become shaky and trembly.
- Fixed an issue where some light would become hidden when applying layered armor from your loadout.
- Fixed an issue where Critical Draw would be applied to the long sword's Spirit Blade I when going from Iai Slash to Spirit Blade I.
- Fixed an issue where the skill Free Element/Ammo Up would not trigger normally when bowgun capacity is increased via awakening ability.
- Fixed an issue that caused unnatural behavior when loading the slinger after performing a forward dodge with the sword & shield drawn.
- Fixed an issue where Kaiser Crown β+'s hair color would change when switching from Oolong Hair α+ to Kaiser Crown β+ using specific steps.
- Fixed an issue where ammo would behave unnaturally when the bowgun's pierce ammo would hit using certain shooting methods.
- Mitigated an issue where if a Zero Sum Discharge connects on certain monsters, the player's grapple point would be unnatural.
- Fixed an issue where when the player is wearing Brigade Layered Arms, the armband would overlap with the equipped layered armor on the torso.
- Fixed an issue where if the player equips Kaiser Crown α/γ with hairstyle 8-2 and performs actions such as running, the front bangs will float or become detached from the armor and would not correct itself.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, squad info would be unintentionally deleted.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, entering the tent would cause the Palico to face in the opposite direction.
- Fixed an issue where certain tracks would not display in the Guiding Lands.
- Fixed an issue where certain timing would cause a communication error, which would result in monsters not appearing in the Guiding Lands or in cutscenes based in the Guiding Lands.
- Fixed an issue where signs of desync would occur in the Guiding Lands when joining a session without a host.
- Fixed an issue where players could designate a snowball as a destination for a raider ride in an area that they can't access.
- Fixed an issue where the Handler would go back to her default costume after resetting the game, even if the player changes the settings to Locked.
- Other minute game balance tweaks and minor bugs fixes have been made.
GameSpot's review of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne said, "Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is more of the same, glorious slog for everyone who's ever been taken down by a fire-breathing facsimile of a Tyrannosaurus Rex and thought, 'I can't wait to do that 50 times over.'" Read the whole review here.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.