Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Part 1 Update Is Out Now, Watch A Trailer Here
The next big expansion for Minecraft is available now across console, PC, and mobile.
Minecraft's big new free Caves & Cliffs update is out now on all platforms, ushering in the next wave of mobs and blocks. The update is available for the Bedrock and Java editions of the popular sandbox game across console, PC, and mobile.
Part 1 of Caves & Cliffs is out now, and it adds new mobs and blocks to the game. One of the new mobs is called the axolotl, and it's "very much a predator" despite how cute it may look, developer Mojang said in a blog post. Another new mob is the goat, which is also cute, but they are dangerous up close. "If you happen to be standing near a body of water when the goat's head connects with your blocky body, you might be bumped into the glow squid," Mojang said.
As for the new blocks, these include the dripleaf, pointed dripstone, caves vines and glow berries, azalea and azalea leaves, flowering azalea and flowering azalea leaves, hanging roots, rooted dirt, moss carpet, and moss block. Other new blocks include glowing lichen, powder snow, and deepslate, along with new amethyst geodes. A new element, copper, is also includes with the Caves & Cliffs update, allowing you to craft lightning rods.
Check out the images in the gallery below to get a closer look at the content in the new Caves & Cliffs update for Minecraft.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.