Minecraft 1.5 update goes live
Latest Minecraft update includes new ways to play with Redstone.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
The long-awaited 1.5 update for Minecraft, known as the Redstone update, has been released.
Players will automatically download the Redstone update the next time they run the game client. The main changes in the update involve various ways players can make use of Redstone, including daylight detectors that can trigger circuits depending on the time of day.
The game also tweaks texture packs and allows for animated textures.
Meanwhile, Mojang says it is already working on another update. "1.5.1 already is on its way," says the Mojang blog. "We plan to snapshot this tomorrow, and hopefully get it out as soon as possible."
The full changelog for Minecraft 1.5:
- Added Redstone Comparator (used in Redstone logic)
- Added Hopper (collects items and moves them to containers)
- Added Dropper (similar to Dispensers, but always drops the item)
- Added Activator Rail (activates TNT Minecarts)
- Added Daylight Sensor
- Added Trapped Chest
- Added Weighed Pressure Plate
- Added Block of Redstone
- Added Nether Brick (item)
- Added Nether Quartz and ore
- Added Block of Quartz, with half blocks and chiseled variants
- New command: /scoreboard
- New command: /effect
- Containers and mobs can have custom names
- Inventory management has been changed, for example you can drag-place items over slots
- Texture packs now have separate images for each block and item, and can have animations
- Nether Quartz Ore now spawns in the Nether
- Smooth lighting now has three settings (none, minimal, maximum)
- More detailed death messages
- Some hostile mobs now are harder in Hard difficulty
- Many, many, bug fixes
- Removed Herobrine
For more information on Minecraft, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.
Black Panther Breaks Marvel's Iron Man Mould GS News Update: New Fortnite Battle Pass Detailed New Releases - Top Games Out This Week -- February 18-24 March 2018 Xbox One And 360 Free Games With Gold Announced Outbreak Missions on Rainbow Six Siege Test Servers Onrush - The Stampede Is Coming Trailer Rainbow Six Siege Outbreak Mode Cutscenes GS News Update: Burnout Paradise Remastered Confirmed For PS4, Xbox One, And PC Kingdom Come: Deliverance Video Review GS News Update: Rainbow Six Siege Operation Chimera Patch Notes Released Burnout Paradise Remastered - Announcement Trailer GS News Update: Rainbow Six Siege Has No Sequel Planned