Metro Exodus Patch Adds New Game Plus In Ranger Update
The game's biggest update so far is available to download now.
Developer 4A Games has released a major new update for Metro Exodus, dubbed the Ranger Update. Available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, this patch is approximately 6GB and both adds new features and makes various tweaks, in addition dealing with bugs. Read on for the highlights and the patch notes, courtesy of the game's official website.
The most standout addition is that of New Game Plus. This additional mode, available once the campaign is completed, gives you access to all weapons and attachments unlocked through earlier playthroughs. Further, New Game Plus gives you full customization to tailor the gameplay experience and it comes with new Achievements/Trophies. You'll also get developer commentary through New Game Plus, special tapes hidden throughout the world that provide insight into what the developers were thinking and how they went about creating some of the game's levels.
The Ranger Update also comes with a fourth controller sensitivity preset, platform-specific improvements and additions (such as "mouse and keyboard support for Xbox One, improved RTX and DLSS support on PC, DualShock Controller Light support for PS4"), addresses numerous bugs and crashes, and adds full Ukrainian localization.
In order to access New Game Plus, you must finish the main campaign at least once; the mode will then become available in the New Game menu. One thing to note: starting a new game, in either Regular or New Game Plus, will clear all saves (quick/auto/chapter select), meaning you'll need to progress through the game again to access those levels. You can view the full additions that come with New Game Plus below. You can also view the full patch notes for PC here or for consoles here.
In our Metro Exodus review, we said the game "puts together a charismatic crew of friends and family that you'll want to follow to the ends of the earth."
Metro Exodus is available now for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
New Game Plus and Developer Commentary
New Game Plus adds a whole new dimension to repeat play-throughs of the campaign. Modify the following suite of modes and settings to craft your own personalised gameplay experience:
- Allows you to start with all weapons and attachments found in the last playthrough
- Weapons are granted after freeing Anna in Moscow
- Starting weapons will be the last loadout that was set in the previous end game save
- All other weapons and attachments previously unlocked will be available in the Aurora Workbench Armory, first encountered in Volga
- Player Armor/Wrist upgrades do not carry over
- Reduces weapon slots to one. Any weapon can be used in this slot, but you can only take one with you. Manage this by swapping Weapons in the field, or by using the Aurora Workbench Armory
- Provides Player with the Crossbow at the beginning of the game in addition to normal Weapon Progression. Yermak gives the Player the Crossbow after Jammer scene in Moscow.
- Crafting in the Backpack is disabled, you may only use a Workbench
- Only Weapon modifications allowed in Backpack
- Human NPC’s are upgraded by one level of Armor across the game if applicable
- Creatures have thicker hide across the game
- Human NPC’s use explosives more often
- Change the game’s natural day/night cycle from 2 to 24 real hours for complete immersion
- Fog, Rain, Snow, and Sand storm conditions occur more frequently where applicable
Radiation is Forever
- Additional radiation zones will appear across some levels, making the Gas Mask more important
- Fully disables the Save System, progress is only saved between levels
- Green Tape Players throughout the game will be available to play Developer Commentary about the area in which it is found
Additional New Game Plus Content
Achievements / Trophies
- Additional set of hidden objects in the world, only available in New Game Plus
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.