Metal Gear Solid 5 Multiplayer Character Customization Explained
The developer of MGS 5 has detailed how customization will work in the game's online component.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's multiplayer component, referred to as Metal Gear Online 3, received new information from a developer Q&A session.
On Twitter, developer Konami specifically addressed the ways that players will be able to customize and change their gear they use in matches. For example, players can change the color and patterns on the gear, and that gear will have different looks for different multiplayer classes .
You can see a list of what the developer revealed below.
- Gear doesn't affect player stats.
- Patterns cannot be designed by the player, but there are several to choose from.
- There aren't "presets" for gear--there are categories for different body parts, such as specific gear for legs, arms, etc.
- There is no Metal Gear Solid 4 gear in the game.
- Some items are class specific.
- You cannot unlock gear via MGS V's single-player mode.
- Gear cannot be changed within matches.
Metal Gear Solid V launches on September 1 for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3, and on September 15 for PC. Recently, Konami announced that the game would be playable for the first time to the public at Gamescom in August. Additionally, Konami officially removed Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima's name from the game's box art last week amidst reports that he will part ways with the company.
Are you excited for the game's multiplayer mode? Let us know in the comments.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org