Metal Gear Solid 5 May Multiplayer Update Detailed
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Konami has detailed the May 2016 update for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain's online multiplayer mode, which introduces new equipment and weapons that can be used in the FOB missions and should be available May 10.
Among these is a Sneaking Suit, which can be given to guards and activates for a brief period as soon as intruders are spotted. This bolsters FOB defense by giving soldiers the element of surprise. Also included is the Tornado-6 Revolver, which is Ocelot's weapon of choice and is capable of ricochet shots.
As previously detailed, the update will also balanced teams, make changes to sprinting and diving, and display rank changes on the end-of-mission results screen.
Take a look at all the new content below.
- Sneaking Security Guard Stealth Camo [★9～★11]: This security feature is added to sneaking suit and battle dress uniforms of Grades 9, 10, or 11. When your security guards spot an intruder, they will activate temporary stealth camouflage and vanish from sight! Add a stealthy surprise to the defenses of your FOB.
- UA-Drome Battery Vaporizer-Equipped UAV [★9～★11]: This security feature is added to UAVs of Grades 9, 10, or 11. The UAV carries a compact microwave emitter that disables batteries in the surrounding area. Knock out the electronics of intruders into your FOB!
- OM Decoy Dummy Field of Movement Emitter [★5～]: Jams the search capabilities of an FOB defender's Intel Team, showing a false FOM prediction where the emitter is thrown.
- FB MR R-L FLTN Falkenberg Multi-Role Recoilless Rifle (Fulton Warheads) [★5～]: A recoilless rifle designed to Fulton extract targets struck by its specially-developed warhead.
- TORNADO-6 Revolver [★3～]: Ocelot's revolver of choice. Firing at solid surfaces such as walls causes a ricochet that may hit nearby enemies.
- UN-AAM-NL Non-Lethal Machine Gun: A general-purpose 5.56mm machine gun of European manufacture, specially modified to fire rubber bullets.
- Dispatch your forces to assault FOBs and aid your infiltration: This new feature allows you to dispatch a strike force to an FOB ahead of your infiltration, to knock out security devices or eliminate guards.
- Added information on Short Leagues to PF Rating screen: In addition to the virtual league battles held on a weekly basis, you can now participate in special short leagues that last just one day. Also, the PF Rating screen will now show your PF’s stats in greater detail, so be sure to check it and see how your day-to-day actions are strengthening your force!
- New soldiers arrive with unique new skills: The new skills in this update are perfect for getting a major boost to your PF Rating. Find and extract soldiers with these skills to make your force stronger than ever!
- Special online-only tasks added to the Challenge Task list: "Challenge Tasks," the special achievements that offer rewards for each one completed, now include online-only tasks! There are all kinds of tasks to try, from simple feats that can be completed with ease, to massive undertakings that will keep you trying for hours. Online Challenge Tasks will be added/changed as time progresses, so be sure to check out the latest challenges and try those you think you can achieve!
- Other update details: In addition to the above, a number of small refinements and bug fixes have been applied.