Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes PC/PS4 Graphics Comparison
Spoiler alert: the PC version looks better.
As you might expect, the PC version looks noticeably better. Move the slider to the left to reveal the PS4 version and to the right to highlight the PC edition.
Writing on the Geforce website, Nvidia also listed off the many new features for the PC version, which explain why it looks much better than the console iteration.
- 60 FPS frame rate
- Additional deferred lights per scene
- Additional shadows per scene
- Higher-resolution render targets
- Higher-resolution shadows
- Increased detail over distances
- NVIDIA SLI Multi-GPU support
- Options to adjust seven graphics features (Effects, Lighting, Screen Filtering, Shadows, Texture Filtering, Textures)
- Resolution support up to and including 3840x2160 (4K)
- Screen Space Reflections
Wondering if you PC can run Ground Zeroes? The minimum and recommended specifications were announced earlier this week, and you can get a full rundown here.
Ground Zeroes, which launches on PC December 18, is the prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which will launch in 2015 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A PC version of The Phantom Pain is also in the works, though Konami has not announced when it will be released.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com