Mass Effect: Andromeda -- All The Known Issues
Here are the "main issues" that BioWare is looking into.
BioWare's much-anticipated spacefaring RPG Mass Effect: Andromeda launched last week, though the game has not been without its issues. Now, the developer has published a list of the "main issues" that it is looking to patch with upcoming updates.
Much has been made about Andromeda's animations, and one of the tracked issues is for a problem where Ryder can initiate an "unintended animation state" when running in a zig-zag pattern. Another issue concerns squadmates; they can sometimes "repeatedly teleport on top of the player," while at other times they might not follow when instructed to.
BioWare is also aware of a problem where Andromeda does not save often enough during missions. You can see all the known issues/bugs in the list below. We'll update this post in the time ahead as bugs are fixed or others appear.
Bear in mind that the list below is not exhaustive, but only represents the "main issues" that BioWare is currently tracking at this time.
In other news, Andromeda producer Michael Gamble thanked fans for "sticking with us" following the game's launch. You can see his full tweet below.
To everyone who has provided feedback...We are listening. Thanks for sticking with us. We are so lucky to have you.— Michael Gamble (@GambleMike) March 23, 2017
Andromeda came out on March 21 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. GameSpot's Andromeda review scored it a 6/10; you can see a roundup of review scores from other outlets here.
Mass Effect: Andromeda Known Issues/Bugs (As of March 27)
- Enabling Crossfire may not yield to a significant performance increase.
- Dolby Vision is currently disabled for PC.
- Screen appears stretched in 4:3 and 5:4 resolutions.
- Attempting to run the game in 16:9 or 16:10 portrait display may cause the game to crash.
- Players may experience performance drops in the Storm Canyons.
- Squadmates may repeatedly teleport on top of the player, and may follow when told not to.
- Objects in space may rotate slowly or may appear jittery when using the right control stick.
- PS4 - Repeatedly skipping opening cinematics on the Remnant City critical path mission can cause Ryder to hang in mid-air.
- Game does not save often enough during main missions.
We are aware of some areas where progression events may fail to trigger. If you encounter this you may be able to get past this by leaving the area and returning
- Running in a zig-zag pattern can result in Ryder entering an unintended animation state.
- Audio may stop during play. Closing and restarting the game will restore audio.
- Immediately creating a new Ryder after exiting a current playthrough can result in Journal quest items carrying over and a number of bugson the Hyperion.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.