Mass Effect 4: Details Allegedly Leaked via Online Survey
Unverified details claim story centres on mission to find new colony for humanity; New gameplay modes explained.
The 5 Biggest Stars Of E3 2019 The Best E3 2019 Game Trailers The Biggest Nintendo Direct Announcements & Games | E3 2019 GameSpot's Best Of E3 2019 Awards Every Big Square Enix Game And Announcement At E3 2019 Pokemon Sword & Shield: Every Detail You Might Have Missed | E3 2019 E3 2019: More Powerful Nintendo Switch Reportedly In Production - GS News Update E3 2019: Apex Legends Season 2 Adds L-Star, Wattson, And Ranked Mode - GS News Update Destroy All Humans Remake Officially Revealed Before E3 2019 - GS News Update Take Two CEO Comments On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Release - GS News Update Uncharted Movie Release Date Announced - GS News Update Blizzard Reportedly Cancels Starcraft FPS Game - GS News Update
A possible payload of Mass Effect 4 details has emerged online, offering some suggestions on the game's key features and premise.
The new details first appeared on Reddit, purportedly taken from an online survey that was shown to a fan of the series. Many fans have attempted to prove that the survey is accurate, and some insist that it is, but there is not yet any clear evidence outright confirming its validity.
Should the survey details prove to be accurate, it should be noted that these are potential design ideas, and not necessarily features already designed and coded.
It is unclear why EA would release sensitive details of its game through a survey, if it has at all, although the corporation has done so in the past, more than once, for other titles such as Dragon Age: Inquisition.
The standout facts from the alleged Mass Effect 4 survey suggest that the game will be distinctly separate from the previous trilogy, and will take on the role of a new hero, a "pathfinder" explorer searching for a new home for humanity.
In a game world said to be several times bigger than Mass Effect 3, players will be able to explore "hundreds" of solar systems. Some gameplay components from the original trilogy will still exist in Mass Effect 4, such as the option to choose two teammates to bring with you on individual missions.
In terms of interstellar exploration, players may be able to build settlements on habitable planets, the type of which will provide various bonuses.
It also appears that developer BioWare wants to introduce major technological feats, with the game apparently able to let players "transition between flying ship, to landing on planet, to driving Mako, to getting out on foot, all seamless with no loading screens."
Meanwhile, among the game's side quests is the option to raid ancient ruins and activating "Remnant Monoliths", which will reward players with valuable loot and crafting resources.
BioWare has yet to provide a final name for Mass Effect 4, while publisher EA has yet to reveal a release date.
A full summary of the purported survey details, as published on NeoGAF, can be found below.
- Premise: Set in the Helius Cluster of the Andromeda Galaxy, removed by time and space from the Mass Effect "Commander Shepard" trilogy and its ending. Play as a "Pathfinder" explorer leading expedition with the aim of establishing new home for humanity. Encounter "savage untamed lands", "cut-throat outlaws", and "warring alien races" in an effort to survive and colonies. Andromeda is home to a mysterious alien race, the Remnants, who've left their vaults and ancient technology throughout.
- Game Objective: Explore 100s of solar systems (over 4x size of Mass Effect 3) collecting resources, developing your ship, crew, and arsenal, while engaging in diplomacy in order to set up colonies, while discovering the mystery behind the Remnants and racing to secure their technology.
- New Species: Remnants, an ancient race who've left ruins and technology throughout the galaxy. And Khet, seemingly antagonistic.
- Squadmates: Same as previous games: make friends, take two with you on missions. Cora is able to generate biotic shields you can fire out of. Drack is a Krogan.
- Loyalty Missions: Same as previous games: complete to unlock increased loyalty and new skill tree for that character. Example: Krogan colony ship has been stolen by outlaws. Track down the ship and return it to increase loyalty with Drack. Dialogue trees and end game impacted by loyalty status.
- Dialogue: "Meaningful choices". Deeper control over responses, such as interrupting conversation. Action based choices are physical choices to shape the course of conversation, such as pulling out a weapon and forcing them to open a door instead of attempting to do so purely via conversation.
- Tempest Starship: Pilotable ship to discover 100s of solar systems. Customisable with trophies/loot/photos taken through the galaxy. Transition between flying ship, to landing on planet, to driving Mako, to getting out on foot, all seamless with no loading screens.
- Mako Vehicle: Upgradeable with turbo boost, shield generator, hostile detector, etc. Customisable paint job.
- Planets: 100s of surfaces to explore, for discovering places to colonise, and alien vaults/outputs to conquer.
- Colonies: Build settlements on habitable planets. Able to decide what type of settlement for bonuses. EG: Recon Settlements will clear fog of war on space map and offer more strike team missions, meanwhile Mining Settlements will periodically supply crafting materials.
- Blueprints: Allow you to craft alien technology using materials for better equipment and weapons, such as a jetpack for jumping, cryo-beam to target enemies, etc.
- Crew: Customisable skill trees, gear, weapons, etc.
MISSIONS TYPES AND MULTIPLAYER:
- Remnant Vault Raids: Ancient ruins in two variants. Standard: Accessed by finding and activating Remnant Monoliths, explored to find a "powerful artefact". Acquiring artefact triggers defence systems: robots, traps, and restructured layout. Rewards with valuable loot, crafting resources, and Star Keys. Orbital Facilities: Unlocked with Star Keys, provide permanent stat bonuses, and optional higher difficulty vault raids that add Khet patrols and outlaws. Rewards with rare loot and narrative acclaim.
- Khet Outposts: Optional wave-based combat challenges that reward with XP, reduced Khet power and additional narrative options in the region if destroyed.
- Strike Team: Spend resources to recruit mercenaries and develop AI controlled strike teams to be deployed on randomly generated, time sensitive missions. Include settlement defence and remnant artefact recovery. Strike Teams return 20 - 30 minutes later with XP, currency, and equipment depending on mission outcome. Spend money/resources to train Strike Team, and buy better equipment, to increase success rate and send on dangerous missions.
- Active Strike Team: See above, however you can choose to complete the Strike Team mission manually via play using your multiplayer roster of characters. Able to play co-op with friends, more friends increasing difficulty and rewards. Bonus rewards for joining another players strike team mission. XP, loot, and customisation rewards for Strike Team played characters are cohesive with multiplayer specific horde mode.
- Horde Mode: Similar to Mass Effect 3: four players against waves of enemies with additional objectives such as disabling a bomb or assassinating a target. Similar XP/loot rewards to Mass Effect 3. APEX funds earned to be used in single player.
The 5 Biggest Stars Of E3 2019 The Best E3 2019 Game Trailers The Biggest Nintendo Direct Announcements & Games | E3 2019 GameSpot's Best Of E3 2019 Awards Every Big Square Enix Game And Announcement At E3 2019 Pokemon Sword & Shield: Every Detail You Might Have Missed | E3 2019 GS News Update: New Fortnite Battle Pass Detailed GS News Update: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Underperforms, Microtransactions Coming Back GS News Update: Metal Gear Survive Requires Constant Internet Connection, Has Microtransactions Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Rumors Surface - GS News Roundup Red Dead Redemption 2 Mission Discovered In GTA Online?! - GS News Roundup PUBG Xbox One Performance Issues - GS News Roundup
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com