Marvel's The Punisher Series Confirmed for 2017, as It Announces 5 New Cast Members
Actors from Bates Motel and Wolf of Wall Street join The Punisher's cast.
Upcoming Netflix series The Punisher will release next year, Marvel confirmed on its website. The comic company also announced the addition of five new cast members.
The Punisher's star Jon Bernthal is joined by Daniel Webber (11.22.63), Jason R. Moore (A Lonely Place for Dying), Paul Schulze (Nurse Jackie), Jamie Ray Newman (Bates Motel), and Michael Nathanson (Wolf of Wall Street).
You can read descriptions of each character below.
- Webber is Lewis Walcott, a young veteran in the midst of a difficult process of re-entering civilian society.
- Moore plays Curtis Hoyle, Frank Castle aka The Punisher's friend who is one of the few people who knows he's alive.
- Schulze is Rawlins, a high-ranking CIA operative whose missions in Afghanistan cross paths with Frank Castle.
- Newman plays Sarah Lieberman, the wife of Micro (played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach). Her marriage has complicated her life in a significant way.
- Nathanson is Sam Stein, a Homeland agent challenged by his partnership with Dinah (Amber Rose Revah).
Previously announced was the return of Deborah Ann Wolf, who'll reprise her role from Daredevil as Karen Page. Showrunner and executive producer Steve Lightfoot will write The Punisher's first two episodes, while Marvel veteran Jim Chory and Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb will help with executive production duties.
"We couldn't have asked for a more talented group of actors to round out the cast of Marvel's The Punisher," Lightfoot said. "It's a thrill to watch them each bring their characters to life with such layered, nuanced performances."
The latest Marvel Netflix series is Luke Cage, which released last month. You can read GameSpot's piece on why the show is "a great addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe" here. Up next for Marvel on Netflix is Iron Fist. It stars Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones and is expected to launch on the streaming service on March 17, 2017.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org