Marvel's Avengers Weekly Reset Adds New Priority Challenges, Big Patch Incoming
Developer Crystal Dynamics says the next update will be the "biggest patch yet" for the game.
Developer Crystal Dynamics has detailed the latest weekly updates for Marvel's Avengers. The weekly reset has opened up two new Priority Missions, during which players have to uncover a SHIELD vault and fend off AIM forces in the process of unlocking it. The rewards for completing these missions will be unique gear that isn't available anywhere else in the game. Modifiers are also active and include increased cryo damage from players, enemy health regeneration, and toxic hazards:
Desert Vault (Low Power Level)
- Famine: Enemies do not drop Regen Packs when defeated.
- Outbreak: Toxic hazards are added to the environment. Gamma damage from enemies and the environment are increased.
- Collider: Particle damage from players is increased.
Guaranteed Reward: Polychoron and Hero-Specific Gear
Tundra Vault (High Power Level)
- Turmoil: Significantly increased presence of Riotbots.
- Resurgence: Enemy health regenerates after a short delay.
- Clash: Melee damage from any source is greatly increased.
- Snowball: Cryo damage from players is increased.
Guaranteed Reward: Epic Gear
If you'd prefer to take on AIM threats in a smaller arena, this week's Priority HARM Challenge will give you an opportunity to do so. The first completion reward will be a new comic book collectible that provides a passive 0.5% status resistance for your Avengers once obtained.
Modifiers will also be active, which include increased Willpower regeneration and more damage from all projectile sources in the Low Power Level HARM room challenge. In the High Power Level challenge, melee damage from any source has been amplified, but players are able to do inflict more cosmic damage in return.
Low Power Level Challenge
- Oasis: Regen Packs have increased Willpower benefit.
- Torpedo: Projectile damage from any source is greatly increased
High Power Level Challenge
- Famine: Enemies do not drop Regen Packs when defeated
- Clash: Melee damage from any source is greatly increased
- Cosmos: Cosmic damage from players is increased
Crystal Dynamics also explained that patch V1.3.0 will drop soon, and will be the "biggest patch yet" for the game. This comes after a previous update provided a number of fixes, such as players falling through the world when starting the Avengers Initiative and eliminating "Device_Hung" crashes that were reported after launch.
In our Marvel's Avengers review, the game received a 7/10. "At times, Marvel's Avengers struggles to unify a thoughtful story focus with a more momentum-based, action-heavy live game system--but both have their good qualities," wrote reviewer Phil Hornshaw.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.