Marvel's Avengers Confirmed For Google Stadia Before E3 Square Enix Conference Reveal
Avengers is coming to Stadia.
Marvel's Avengers is one of the most anticipated games of E3 2019, and while it's yet to be fully revealed, we've now learned one further detail about the game: it's coming to Google Stadia, in addition to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can expect to learn much today, June 10, as the Square Enix E3 conference is set to serve as the official unveiling of the still-mysterious game.
The news was revealed by the game's official Twitter account. It tweeted an image of a large poster advertising the game at the LA Convention Center--the venue for E3--and on that poster, the four platforms can be seen. A notable omission, however, is Nintendo Switch, so it seems as if the Avengers game will not be coming to Nintendo's hybrid console.
Marvel's Avengers is the first chapter in a multi-game partnership between the comic book titan and Square Enix. The initial trailer confirmed that the world it is set in hasn't been too kind to superheroes--perhaps they've even been demonized. "They say the time of heroes is over," a narrator says in the original teaser trailer. "That if you're different, you're dangerous. But I know the truth. The world will always need heroes. We just need to reassemble."
E3 2019 Conference Schedule
- Monday, June 10, 10 AM PT -- PC Gaming Show
- Monday, June 10, 12 PM PT -- Limited Run Games Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 1 PM PT -- Ubisoft Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT -- Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT -- Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT -- Nintendo Direct Showcase
Square Enix has said Avengers "is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise." The game is being developed by Crystal Dynamics, the studio behind the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot and its sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider.
For more on the upcoming superhero game, check out everything we know about Marvel's Avengers.
More E3 news:
- New Xbox console, Scarlett, revealed
- Xbox Scarlett details: 8K, 120 FPS, SSD
- Elden Ring is From Software and George RR Martin's new game
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake announced
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.