Marvel Details Phase 3 Movie Schedule, Ant-Man 2 Announced
Ant-Man and the Wasp due in 2018.
Marvel's Phase Three of superhero movies is yet to kick off, but the schedule is already changing. The studio has announced that this summer's Ant-Man is to get a sequel that will be released on July 6, 2018. Titled Ant-man and the Wasp, it will see Paul Rudd return as the miniature hero, teaming up with Evangeline Lilly's equally diminutive sidekick.
The film will now occupy the release slot originally taken by Black Panther, which has moved forward to February 16, 2018, with Captain Marvel shifting from November that year to March 2019.
There are rumours that Ben Affleck's first standalone Batman movie for DC might also see a November 2016 release, which could account for this latter move.
In addition to these date changes, Marvel has lined up three currently untitled films for 2020, to be released on May 1, July 10, and November 6.
The complete Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Three schedule now looks like this:
- May 6, 2016: Captain America: Civil War
- November 4, 2016: Doctor Strange
- May 5, 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- July 28, 2017: Spider-Man
- November 3, 2017: Thor: Ragnarok
- February 16, 2018: Blank Panther
- May 4, 2018: Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1
- July 6, 2018: Ant-Man and the Wasp
- March 8, 2019: Captain Marvel
- May 3, 2019: Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2
- July 12, 2019: Inhumans
- May 1, 2020: Unknown Marvel Film
- July 10, 2020: Unknown Marvel Film
- November 6, 2020: Unknown Marvel Film
Ant-Man was released this summer to strong reviews, and although it hasn't grossed as much as likes of The Avengers or Iron Man movies, it has earned a very healthy $409 million at the global box office.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org