Marvel Celebrating Leading Ladies With New "Women of Power" Gaming Event
"Women of Power" event kicks off this week.
Marvel is celebrating its female superheroes this month as part of the company's "Women of Power" event--and this applies to games, too. Starting March 3, Marvel Games will release new characters and more content across it catalog of mobile, console, and PC titles such as Lego Marvel Avengers, Marvel Puzzle Quest, and Avenger Academy. Scroll down to see all of the Women of Power content.
Below is full rundown of all the Marvel games getting the new Women of Power content and what it entails.
- Lego Marvel's Avengers: Captain Marvel, Moonstone, Poundcakes.
- Marvel Contest of Champions: New event quest featuring Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and X-23.
- Marvel Avengers Academy: "Several all-new female heroes will be joining the student body of the Academy during a special event."
- Marvel Puzzle Quest: "New 'Women of Power' variant comic covers featuring their top female characters."
- Marvel Future Fight: New game event featuring Proxima Midnight
- Spider-Man Unlimited: New event featuring Silk.
- Marvel Heroes 2016: New update will introduce the character Rescue and let you unlocked a new power costume for American Dream.
"Marvel's 'Women of Power' event celebrates some of the most popular heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe, bringing them together in a unique way for the first time," Peter Phillips, EVP/GM, Interactive and Digital Distribution, Marvel Entertainment, said in a statement. "By featuring these stories and characters throughout a single month, we've lined up one the most exciting events in the history of Marvel games."
This initiative for games coincides Marvel Publishing's "Women of Power" effort, for which it will release 25 new comic covers for the company's most popular female characters. Additionally, Marvel will release new figures, playsets, and other collectibles, including those for Black Widow, Spider-Gwen, and Kitty Pryde, throughout the spring and summer.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org