Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Answers Avengers: Endgame, MCU Questions In Reddit AMA
Kevin Feige answers (some of) your questions.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige held a Reddit AMA on Wednesday, in which he answered lots of questions about Avengers: Endgame and the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe. You can wade through the entire AMA here, while we've compiled a rundown of notable comments here.
He didn't give anything away about the much-anticipated MCU Phase 4--although that didn't stop fans from asking about things like characters he wants to see--but he did offer some intriguing granular updates on the history and future of the MCU.
Feige stated that the upcoming Disney+ MCU shows, including WandaVision and the one about Loki, will feature stories that are "totally and completely" woven in the main MCU movies coming up. The executive also confirmed that Marvel Studios generally has a five-year plan for the MCU, though the team does less specific planning on a much longer timeline. What's more, he suggested that other people at Marvel did not want Robert Downey Jr. to play Iron Man and that he personally had to fight to get him cast in the role.
You can check out some of the AMA highlights below, but be sure to check out the full Reddit AMA here to see everything Feige had to say.
The next big superhero movie that Marvel is connected to is July's Spider-Man: Far From Home, which was made by Sony in conjunction with Marvel. Although we had gotten a trailer for it prior to Endgame's release, a more revealing trailer debuted recently and showed how the new movie picks up from Endgame. Far From Home may be introducing some major elements into the MCU, including the concept of the multiverse. Far From Home caps off Phase 3 of the MCU, and after Endgame concluded without an after-credits scene, it might be Spidey's next outing that sets up where Phase 4 will go.
Some of the other upcoming MCU projects include a standalone Black Widow movie, Shang-Chi (which could film in Sydney), The Eternals, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (with James Gunn now back in charge), as well as sequels to Doctor Strange and Black Panther.
Kevin Feige Reddit AMA Highlights:
- The Disney+ MCU shows will be woven "totally and completely" into the new movies. [Full quote]
- They planned to adapt the Infinity Gauntlet comic not long after the release of the first Avengers in 2012. [Full quote]
- Stan Lee did not get to see the final cut of Endgame before he passed away but Marvel briefed him on the story points. [Full quote]
- Hulk actor Mark Ruffalo pitched numerous ideas for The Hulk, some of which led to what was seen in Thor: Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame. [Full quote]
- Feige doesn't like being filmed, but he can be seen as a Weapon X technician covered in blood in the first X-Men. [Full quote]
- He knows the truth about Captain America and if he is the father of Peggy's kids in Winter Soldier. But he won't tell you. [Full quote]
- His team usually has a five-year plan for the MCU, but there is a general, less specific plan that extends "much, much further." [Full quote]
- Of all MCU actors, Feige had to fight the hardest to cast Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man. [Full quote]
- Feige loved Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse [Full quote]
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org