Mario Party Superstars Coming To Nintendo Switch October 29
Mario Party Superstars collects various minigames from the series' past, including boards from the Nintendo 64 era.
During its E3 2021 Direct, Nintendo announced Mario Party Superstars, a remaster of sorts that collects five Nintendo 64-era boards and 100 minigames from the series' past. The game is scheduled to launch on October 29 for Nintendo Switch, with preorders now available.
Mario Party Superstars is a compilation similar to Mario Party: The Top 100, a 2017 Nintendo 3DS title that bundled 100 minigames from across the franchise's history. The key difference, however, is Mario Party Superstars also packages five classic boards from the N64 games, including Peach's Birthday Cake from Mario Party and Space Land from Mario Party 2.
Nintendo confirmed that all of Mario Party Superstars' minigames support button controls as well as online functionality that allows for random matchmaking if you're playing solo. And those playing with friends online can save their progress mid-game on any board to resume at a later time.
Nintendo's E3 2021 Direct was packed with several announcements, including the reveal of the latest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC character, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2's targeted 2022 release window, and a first look at the latest entry in the Metroid franchise.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.