Mandatory Xbox One system update rolling out today, promises various OS fixes
Required update that addresses dashboard performance and multiplayer issues arrives today for those using Instant On feature, while rest will have to wait until Thursday.
A new mandatory Xbox One system update that addresses various application and operating system performance issues will begin rolling out today, Microsoft has announced.
The update will be available first for those using the Xbox One "Instant On" low-power state feature (which automatically checks for updates) beginning today at 5 p.m. PDT. People not using the Instant On feature won't be able to download and apply the update until sometime after Thursday, December 12 at 4 p.m. PDT.
The update aims to fix various issues, outlined below.
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
Microsoft added that it has "quite a few" updates planned for 2014 based on community feedback.
The company previously pledged to improve the Xbox One party system. In addition, the fan-created Xbox Feedback website has been passed along to Microsoft staffers, though it is not clear what specific feedback the company plans to address with the future updates.
Black Panther Breaks Marvel's Iron Man Mould GS News Update: New Fortnite Battle Pass Detailed New Releases - Top Games Out This Week -- February 18-24 March 2018 Xbox One And 360 Free Games With Gold Announced Outbreak Missions on Rainbow Six Siege Test Servers Onrush - The Stampede Is Coming Trailer Rainbow Six Siege Outbreak Mode Cutscenes GS News Update: Burnout Paradise Remastered Confirmed For PS4, Xbox One, And PC Kingdom Come: Deliverance Video Review GS News Update: Rainbow Six Siege Operation Chimera Patch Notes Released Burnout Paradise Remastered - Announcement Trailer GS News Update: Rainbow Six Siege Has No Sequel Planned