Major Rocket League Update Arrives Today, Here's Everything It Adds
Rocket League's Starbase Arc update is almost here.
A new update for Pysonix's Rocket League is coming out today, adding a new free arena, Steam Workshop support, and new features like a colorblind mode.
The new arena is called Starbase Arc, and, as we saw in the announcement trailer at The Game Awards, it's set in outer space. It's an octagonal map that features a number of elements in the background, including starship battles and "interstellar laser shows."
You can add another car to your roster with the update, as the $2 Vulcan arrives as paid DLC. The arena and the car are inspired by Psyonix's mobile game, Arc Squadron.
In terms of new features, Rocket League's Starbase Arc update adds the previously discussed Custom Training mode (read more about it here) along with everything else listed below (via Psyonix):
- Steam Workshop Support: Allows Unreal Engine 3 UDK users to create custom levels for the game via a Steam Workshop Uploader Tool. Find more information here.
- Arena Preference Selector: Highly requested feature allows players to "Like" or "Dislike" Arenas in the game to increase or decrease odds of playing on them again in online matches.
- "Champion Series IV" Crate: The popular Champion Series continues with all-new exclusive garage items to help support Psyonix esports initiatives. Potentially unlock a new Import Battle-Car, animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market surprises, and more.
- Two Variant Arenas: "Wasteland (Night)" and "Utopia Coliseum (Snowy)" dropping into Exhibition and Private matches plus all ranked playlists.
- Redesigned SARPBC Vehicles: Free visual redesigns for the veteran Battle-Cars "X-Devil" and "Gizmo"
- New Colorblind Mode: New "Color Blind Mode" is available in the "Options" menu, adding high-contrast orange and blue shades along with high contrast nameplates.
For more on Rocket League's Starbase Arc update, watch the video above or visit the game's website.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com