Major GTA 5 Online Mode Update Out Now -- Here's What It Includes
The Last Team Standing Update out now on Xbox 360 and PS3; still no word on when Heists are coming to the game.
Rockstar Games today released a new update for Grand Theft Auto Online, the multiplayer mode for Grand Theft Auto V. The update is called The Last Team Standing, and it introduces new weapons, gear, vehicles, Creator features, and ten new Jobs across Los Santos and Blaine County.
Unfortunately, Rockstar did not say anything about when the long-awaited Heists will be added to GTA Online. The developer announced that Heists would be delayed back in June, apologizing at the time for the delay and explaining that Heists were "taking more time to create" than originally anticipated.
- Heavy Shotgun.
- Marksman Rifle.
- New outfits, masks, tops, pants, bulletproof helmets, and more.
- Shitzu Hakuchou sport bike.
- LCC Innovation chopper.
- Lampadati Furore GT.
The Last Team Standing Creator Mode:
- Allows you to design GTA Online Jobs where players only have one life.
- It also features a new option for adding Rounds to Captures and Last Team Standing Jobs, as well as a new Forced Weapon setting that lets you limit what weapons players can use.
- Job voting screens are now globally synchronized, which Rockstar says should help you find the Jobs you're looking for more easily, and stay with like-minded players more often.
- Fixes a variety of bugs, including one where players would get stuck in an animation and another where players would become detached from their parachute when accepting a Job invite.
Ten New Last Standing Jobs (via Rockstar Games):
Alta (Rank 16, 2-8 Players)
- Less violent than the average apartment building residents' committee meeting, this cramped LTS pits two wings of a building against each other. Try to stay on the rooftops, and look for long-ranged attacks across the courtyard and close-quarters clashes on the footbridge.
Del Perro Freeway (Rank 23, 2-16 Players)
- Draw a line in the sand with this Del Perro Beach LTS. Teams start at either end of the beachfront houses. They can go at each other directly or take the pedestrian bridges across the WH to pick up weapons. Dr. Friedlander isn't running his conflict resolution seminar this week.
Grand Banks (Rank 9, 3-12 Players)
- As good a place as any to make a stand, three groups take the third way at the Grand Banks Steel foundry. Fight on the rooftops, in the tunnels, and along the gangways to be the only team that doesn't get to fulfil their death wish.
Hawick (Rank 16, 2-16 Players)
- Two teams snipe each other from rooftops or get down and dirty in the alleys with shotguns until there's only one of them left. Hawick hasn't seen this many unfortunate accidents since speedballs were cool in the 80s.
Mount Josiah (Rank 29, 2-16 players)
- When the dust settles, and the rivers stop running with blood, who'll be left on top of the second highest mountain in Southern San Andreas? Two teams fight to be king of the hill on the open, almost coverless slopes of Mount Josiah.
N.O.O.S.E. (Rank 9, 2-8 Players)
- Something's happening behind the mysterious chain link fences, and non-descript 'government facility' signs off the Palomino Freeway. Two teams have taken time off from spying on personal communications to fight for supremacy on the rooftops, walkways, and parking lots of the N.O.O.S.E. facility. Look up for the best weapons.
Paleto Bay - Tanks (Rank 29, 2-16 Players)
- Some places get all the luck. Two teams face off with tanks and explosives and don't mind if they turn the whole town to rubble. Who'll be left standing in what's left of Paleto Bay?
Skyscraper (Rank 36, 2-16 Players)
- There's no escape from Los Santos. One team tries to hold out at the top of a skyscraper construction site armed only with sniper rifles and heavy weapons. The other team launches a four pronged assault in Buzzard attack helicopters.
Storm Drain (Rank 23, 2-16 Players)
- Gang warfare's gotten really out of hand as two teams come at each other with tanks, motorbikes, and explosives in the concrete channel of the LS River. Try to stay in the storm drain, and don't worry about flash flooding, there's a drought in San Andreas after all.
Tataviam Truckstop (Rank 16, 2-8 Players)
- Lonely truckers and enterprising hitchhikers are in for a scare as this pit stop on the Palomino sees its share of the action. Small scale LTS that'll make good use of the Heavy Shotgun.
GTA V launches for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on November 18, while the PC version is coming in January 2015. Your existing GTA Online characters on Xbox 360 and PS3 will carry forward to the new versions, regardless of which platform you choose to upgrade to.
Eddie Makuch is a news editor at GameSpot, and you can follow him on Twitter @EddieMakuch
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com