Mafia 3 Collector's Edition Detailed, Mafia 2 Re-Releasing on Steam With Huge Discount
2K's crime game comes out in October; here's what's in the $150 Collector's Edition.
2K Games announced Mafia III's $150 Collector's Edition back in April, but now, the publisher has provided many more details about what's included and also released an image of it.
As you can see in the image below, there's a lot here. In addition to the game, you get the soundtrack on vinyl, a 56-page art book, dog tags for main character Lincoln Clay, and faux leather drink coasters. Also in the package are Playboy lithographs, while 2K also confirmed today that these will be in the game as well for players to find and collect.
The Collector's Edition also comes with Mafia III's DLC Season Pass, though none of its contents have been announced. The $80 deluxe edition of Mafia III also comes with this.
Mafia II has a connection to Mafia III, as Mafia II's Vito Scaletta shows up in Mafia III as one of Clay's lieutenants.
Mafia III Collector's Edition Includes:
Descriptions written by 2K
- Mafia III: Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux – 180 gram vinyl pressing featuring some of the '60s greatest hit makers, including Otis Redding & Carla Thomas, Sam Cooke, The Animals, and more. The vinyl is a sampling of the larger in-game soundtrack, that includes an eclectic mix of Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Pop, all colliding against a backdrop of war, civil unrest, and sweeping social changes that defined the 1960s.
- Mafia III: Original Game Score – 180 gram vinyl pressing of the original game score for Mafia III. Composed by Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney, two of the industry’s great composers, the Mafia III original game score is a Rhythm and Blues inspired tour through a city ruled by organized crime and corrupt officials, and the setting for Lincoln Clay’s emotional story of loss and revenge.
- Exclusive Collectible Art Prints – Two lithographs from Playboy and the Alberto Vargas Estate representing a vast collection of art for players to discover in-game.
- The Art of Mafia III Collectable Art Book – A 56-page visual look at the creation of New Bordeaux, a new game world fashioned after New Orleans in the summer of 1968.
- Lincoln Clay Replica Dog Tags – 1960s US military issue replicas. These are the tags of a combat-hardened Vietnam vet fueled by the need for military-grade revenge against the Italian Mafia.
- Faux Leather Establishment Drink Coasters – Representing the Paradiso Casino and Sammy’s in-game criminal establishments, these aren’t just souvenirs, but symbols of Lincoln Clay’s motivations for revenge.
- Season Pass – Future post-release downloadable content bundled at a discount.
In other recent news potentially relating to Mafia III, it's been suggested that Rockstar's rumored Red Dead Redemption 2 may in some way tie in to the game.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org