Madden NFL 16 Update Released, Fixes 100+ Bugs and More
EA Sports releases the second title update for its professional football game; see the full patch notes here.
EA Sports has released the second title update for its professional football game Madden NFL 16. The update, available today, makes more than 100 bug fixes and also implements some refinements and tweaks to the game's Connected Franchise and Ultimate Team modes.
Specifically, the patch fixes an issue where if a team called a time out on a safety punt, that team would then get to kick a regular kickoff. The update also addresses a problem in online games where, when the game was paused, the defensive timer would run out, leading the game to auto-choose the play. The full changelog for today's Madden NFL 16 update is available below the video.
Best Exclusive PlayStation Games Of 2023 Alan Wake 2: New Game Plus - The Final Draft Trailer Diablo IV | Midwinter Blight Trailer The Mandalorian: A Behind-The-Scenes Look At Bringing Bo-Katan To Life Like a Dragon Gaiden - English Dub Story Trailer Find It In Fortnite | Hype Trailer DNF DUEL｜Battle Mage Gameplay Video How Games Get SMGs Wrong - Loadout Firearms Expert Reacts To The Order: 1886’s Guns Fortnite’s Huge Update Almost Feels Like Fortnite 2 The Game Awards 2023 Recap 12 Minutes Of Ultrawide Avatar: Frontiers Of Pandora Gameplay
The first title update for Madden NFL 16 was released earlier this month, while EA Sports pushed out a "player likeness" patch just days later, which changed the in-game looks for more than 180 players.
For more on Madden NFL 16, check out GameSpot's 8/10 review.
Madden NFL 16 September 30 Title Update:
- Addressed issue where if a team called a time out on the safety punt, they would then be able to kick a regular kickoff
- Addressed issue where sometimes a defender would have a poor pursuit angle toward the ball carrier if the ball carrier was breaking a tackle during a catch
- Addressed issue where sometimes defensive linemen would freeze for the remainder of the play after being knocked to the ground
- Addressed issue where the defense would not adjust alignment if the CPU controlled offensive team enacted a concept audible
- Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
- Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique
- Addressed issue where cancelling a PA Fake would allow for a 1-step drop on certain plays
- Addressed issue where the game clock would be restarted of a declined penalty after an incomplete pass
- Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly
- Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
- Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
- Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
- Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
- Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
- Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
- Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)
- CFM Trade tuning
- Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
- Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
- MUT Play a Friend quarter length boosted to four minutes from two minutes
- In MUT H2H Seasons and Draft Champions H2H Draft, terminating the game during the load screen will give the quitter a loss and the opponent a win. In MUT, Contracts will still be removed.
- Play Now games were using regular season overtime rules rather than playoff overtime rules (removed possibility for ties)
- Addressed issue in online games where the defensive timer would run out during a pause causing the game to auto pick the defensive play
- Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues
What do you make of these changes? Let us know in the comments below.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.