Madden NFL 16 Gets First Major Patch on PS4 and Xbox One
See the changelog here.
Specifically, the title update fixes an issue where AI defenders would get strange encroachment penalties. It also addresses general gameplay bugs, possibly including this invisible defender glitch. In addition, today's patch fixes a handful of problems with Madden NFL 16's Connected Franchise, including an issue where some free agents would vanish from the free agent pool.
Dragon's Dogma 2 Full Presentation | TGS 2023 Destiny 2: The Final Shape | Storm's Edge Preview - New Hunter Super Destiny 2: The Final Shape | Song of Flame Preview - New Warlock Super Destiny 2: The Final Shape | Twilight Arsenal Preview - New Titan Super Mortal Kombat 1 - "Second Chance" Official Lyric Video Mortal Kombat 1 - Krazy Kombos Sea of Thieves Season Ten Preview Trailer Capcom Online Program | TGS 2023 Street Fighter 6 - 7 Minutes of A.K.I. Gameplay Dragon's Dogma 2 - 9 Minute Gameplay Deep Dive | Tokyo Game Show 2023 Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy - Release Date Trailer 『UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH II Sys:Celes』| Official Release Date Reveal Trailer
The Connected Franchise bugs were so bad that developers at EA Tiburon actually advised not starting the mode until the patch was released.
The full September 9 Madden NFL 16 patch notes are below. For more on Madden NFL 16, check out GameSpot's review.
- Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
- Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren't being touched
- Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs
- Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
- Improved regression tuning for offensive linemen
- Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
- Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
- Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
- Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
Madden Ultimate Team
- Addressed a rare issue where certain items would not have an image
- Addressed issue where the commentary line and presentation would repeat for a quarterback who returned from injury
- Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
- Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
- Addressed general bugs and stability issues
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.