Luigi's Mansion 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch With 2019 Release
He's not dead after all.
Nintendo has announced it is developing a third entry in the Luigi's Mansion for Nintendo Switch. The game made its debut at the very start of today's Nintendo Direct presentation, where a very short teaser was shown, along with a 2019 release date. The name, Luigi's Mansion 3, was listed as a working title. No further details were provided about the game.
The last Luigi's Mansion title was Dark Moon, which was released for the Nintendo 3DS in 2013. The game received a 6.5, with reviewer Carolyn Petit describing it as a"mostly pleasant game marred by the possibility of moments so frustrating, they threaten to overshadow the entire experience."
She continued: "These missteps are all the more disappointing because the better elements of the game are so charming. You may still want to take up the PolterGust 5000 and explore these haunted houses, but be warned: the things lurking in these dark places aren't likely to scare you, but they may well have you seeing red." Read the full Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon review here.
Avengers Beta Hands-On Impressions: Combat, Characters, And Teamwork Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month -- August 2020 Call Of Duty Season 5: Everything You Need To Know Next PS5 Event, Baldur's Gate 3 Delay, & Game Pass xCloud Date | Save State 30 Game Series We Want To Play On Xbox Series X Grounded Early Access Video Review Netflix's The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Review: Weird And Wonderful Spider-Man In Marvel's Avengers, PS4 Controllers On PS5, & A New Xbox Store | Save State How Nintendo’s Greatest Failure Led To The Switch 8 Best Shows And Movies To Stream For August 2020 - Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Disney+, Prime Video Watch Full Diplo Higher Ground Concert From Fortnite Party Royale Cyberpunk 2077 Lore | The Bloody Origins of Night City, The Worst Place To Live In America
As the name suggests, the Luigi's Mansion games star Mario's perpetually on edge brother as he attempts to rid an area of spooky inhabitants by sucking them up using a vacuum. He's effectively a Ghost Buster, except always terrified of everything. The games are usually a mix of exploration, puzzle solving, and a tug of war against spooky poltergeists.
The first game in the series launched for the Nintendo Gamecube and a remake of this is coming to Nintendo 3DS. A mini-game themed around Luigi's Mansion was also included in Nintendo Wii U launch title, Nintendo Land.
You can watch the ongoing Nintendo Direct here to see what else Nintendo has in store for us, and keep an eye on GameSpot to read all the news from the stream.
September 2018 Nintendo Direct News
- Animal Crossing On Nintendo Switch Is Finally Happening
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Is Coming To Switch In Japan As A Streaming Game
- Luigi's Mansion 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Will Have 2019 Release
- Nintendo Direct Shares More Switch Online Service Details
- Katamari Damacy Remaster Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces Adds Shy Guy And Birdo Along With Co-op Modes
- Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch Confirmed During Nintendo Direct
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2019
- Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Coming To Nintendo Switch And Xbox One
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveals Another Unexpected Character
- The Classics Of The Final Fantasy Series Make Their Debut On The Switch In 2019
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org