The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Latest Switch Eshop Sale Brings Major Savings On Skyrim, Doom
The Eshop has joined the QuakeCon party with a new sale that runs through the weekend.
QuakeCon is this weekend, and along with news about all things Bethesda, you can save on a bunch of games in the publisher's back catalog on just about every platform. The Nintendo Switch Eshop has joined a pretty big Xbox Store sale and PC sale at GOG with its own deals on Bethesda games. Admittedly, the Switch's sale is much smaller, simply because there aren't very many Bethesda-published titles on Switch. That said, you can still save on the solid ports of Doom (2016), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and more until the end of today, August 10.
More Nintendo Switch game deals
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- $49.94 (
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening -- $51.25 (
- Super Mario Odyssey -- $49.94 (
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze -- $49.94 (
- Kirby Star Allies -- $50 (
All eight games in the Switch's QuakeCon Sale are 50% off. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Doom, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus are down to $30, while Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe edition is $20. Yes, those prices are higher than you'll find on other platforms, but if you wanted to check out any of them in handheld mode, we've never seen them at better prices.
BOTW's World Record-Setting Combat Technique Is Weird Firearms Expert Reacts: LMGs in Video Games (Bonus Episode) Firearms Expert Reacts To MORE Battlefield 4 Guns Battlefield 2042 Portal Reveal - Everything You Missed Google Doodles Champion Island Gameplay (All 7 Sports) EA Play Live in 10 Minutes Marvel Future Revolution Livestream with Greg Miller EA Play Live 2021 Full Presentation Battlefield 2042 Full Presentation | EA Play Live 2021 Lost In Random Full Presentation | EA Play Live 2021 Apex Legends Emergence Full Presentation | EA Play Live 2021 Dead Space Remake Teaser Trailer | EA Play Live 2021
The other four games in the sale are classic Doom games. Doom (1993), Doom II, and Doom 64 are all on sale for $2.49, and Doom 3 is up for grabs for $5. For those interested in revisiting the early days of the now-ubiquitous first-person shooter genre, you can do so for cheap.
The QuakeCon Sale is the main event on the Eshop this week, but there are some other great deals to be found. Until August 17, you can pick up Mortal Kombat 11 for $20, down from $50. Pokken Tournament DX, the enhanced port of the Wii U fighting game, is on sale for $42 until August 11.
Best QuakeCon deals on Nintendo Switch
- Doom (2016) -- $30 (
- Doom (1993) -- $2.49 (
- Doom II -- $2.49 (
- Doom 3 -- $5 (
- Doom 64 -- $2.49 (
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- $30(
- Mortal Kombat 11 -- $20 (
- Pokken Tournament DX -- $42 (
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus -- $30 (
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Deluxe edition -- $20 (
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Best Buy's Having A Big Clearance Sale On Games Right Now
- New Capcom PC Games Sale Brings Discounts On Monster Hunter Stories 2 And More
- PlayStation Plus Free Games For July 2021 Are Available Now
- Amazon Prime's 7 Free Games For July 2021 Are Live
- Xbox Games With Gold Free Games July 2021: Two Freebies Are Live Now
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.