The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Latest Steam Sale Features Some Fantastic, Must-Play Games
If you're looking for a new game to play on Steam, the latest sale shouldn't be missed.
Steam's summer sale has come and gone, but that doesn't mean the store is done offering notable discounts this season; in fact, the latest Steam sale offers steep discounts on some of the best indie games of recent years. The Tiny Teams Festival focuses on games made by small development teams, and in some cases, just one person. Don't take that to mean these games aren't worth your time, however--the sale includes some real bangers that you shouldn't miss out on. The following deals are available until August 15.
The sale includes the acclaimed 2017 Metroidvania Hollow Knight, which is 50% off at $7.49 right now. If you've somehow missed out on Stardew Valley, which is available on every platform at this point, the Steam version is a few bucks off, selling for $12 right now. Speaking of farm sims, here's one you may not have heard of: The Stillness of the Wind is super cheap right now at $4.54. Only a few hours long, this dreamy, meditative game follows an old woman named Talma, who lives alone and quietly tends her farm while receiving increasingly disturbing letters from her family in the city.
Best deals in Steam's Tiny Teams sale
- Ape Out -- $7.49 (
- Bad North: Jotunn Edition -- $7.49 (
- Her Story --$5 (
- Hollow Knight -- $7.49 (
- Hypnospace Outlaw -- $14 (
- Papers, Please -- $5 (
- Return of the Obra Dinn -- $16 (
- RimWorld -- $31.49 (
- A Short Hike -- $5.59 (
- Slay the Spire -- $12.49 (
- Stardew Valley -- $12 (
- The Stillness of the Wind -- $4.54 (
- Super Daryl Deluxe -- $5 (
- Yes, Your Grace -- $16 (
Other standouts include Devolver's Ape Out, which lets you experience what it would be like to be an angry gorilla who escapes its cage and smashes up a bunch of humans--it's down to $7.49 right now. There's also Slay the Spire, a fantastic roguelike deckbuilder that recently earned a 9/10 from GameSpot, on sale for $12.49. You can check out more of the best games on sale above and see the entire Tiny Teams Festival on Steam--there are quite a few gems available to snag at great prices right now.
The Best Deals And Sales This Week
- Black Friday 2020: Thanksgiving Day Store Closings, Retailer Ads, And Deals To Expect
- Walmart Black Friday 2020 Ads Revealed
- Dell's Black Friday Sale Kicks Off Early With Laptop And PC Deals
- PS4 Halloween Sale Is Live Now, Includes Resident Evil 2, Days Gone, And More
- GameStop Pro Day Sale Is Live Now: FF7 Remake For $39, B2G1 Free Funko Pops, And More