Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 Screenshots Show Off Hunting And Horses
Explore the wilderness. See beautiful animals. Kill them.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Rockstar revealed some new information about Red Dead Redemption 2 today, with a focus on the wide variety of wildlife to hunt and horses to ride. Telling isn't quite as effective as showing, though, so the studio was sure to release a new batch of screenshots as well.
This set of screens shows off Arthur hunting and fishing, finding a trapper at a trading post, strapping a kill onto his horse, and tracking a wounded animal through a snowbank. Plus we get some nice new views of Arthur with his horse, as well as wild horses that you can break and tame to become your own.
The hunting, crafting, and horse taming systems all sound pretty detailed, given the details accompanying the announcement. You'll have to be careful how you track animals and even which weapon you use to maximize the value of the pelt and meat. Not all animal interactions are violent, though; keeping your horse fed and groomed will increase its stats.
If you don't have a console to play RDR2 on yet, Sony announced a new PS4 Pro bundle that includes the standard version of the game as a freebie. For more details check out our pre-order guide.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com