[Last Chance] Fortnite Locations: Destroy Grills, Search Tiny Rubber Ducky, And More (14 Days Of Summer Challenges)
Summer is here and so are new challenges.
We've come to the end of Fortnite's 14 Days of Summer event. Over the past couple of weeks, developer Epic Games has rolled out a new limited-time mode and unvaulted an old weapon in the hit battle royale shooter for 24 hours each day. On top of that, the studio has offered an assortment of special event challenges, which will unlock exclusive new, summer-themed rewards when completed.
We're now in the final day of the 14 Days of Summer event, which means you only have a few hours left to complete any outstanding challenges before the event officially wraps up on July 16. If you do manage to complete all 14 tasks before the event ends, you'll unlock a special Smoothie back bling for your troubles. You can find the full list of all the available challenges below.
As previously mentioned, challenges aren't the only thing you have to look forward to in the 14 Days of Summer event. Epic is also featuring a new LTM each day, and there will be new outfits and other items for purchase from Fortnite's in-game shop. You can read more details about the event on the official Fortnite website.
Fortnite 14 Days Of Summer Challenges
- Dance at different Beach Parties (6) -- Deep End emote
- Bounce a giant Beach Ball in different matches (5) -- Soak It Up loading screen
- Eliminations with the daily unvaulted weapon or a Drum Gun (5) -- Water Balloon toy
- Thank the Bus Driver and finish top 20 in different matches (5) -- Perfect Blend emoticon
- Pop party balloon decorations (5) -- Sunny spray
- Search Unicorn Floaties at swimming holes (3) -- Neon Tropics wrap
- Hit a player with a Water Balloon in different matches (3) -- Loading screen
- Bounce off a giant beach umbrella in different matches (3) -- Banner
- Score trick points with a Driftboard with the Neon Tropics applied to it (250K) -- Surfstick spray
- Launch fireworks found along the river bank (3) -- Low 'n Slow harvesting tool
- Get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board -- Beach Balls contrail
- Visit a giant beach umbrella and a huge rubber ducky in a single match -- Quack Pack backbling
- Search the tiny rubber ducky at the spot hidden in the Summertime Splashdown loading screen -- Sparkle Soundtrack lobby music
- Destroy grills with the Low 'n Slow harvesting tool -- Griller banner
Dance At Different Beach Parties
Fittingly, most of the 14 Days of Summer challenges are summer-themed, and the first involves dancing at beach parties. You'll need to boogie down at six of these beachside shindigs in total to complete the challenge, and they need to be different ones each time; you can't simply return to the same location over and over. Fortunately, the beach parties are fairly easy to spot; the areas will be decked out with beach chairs, balloons, and other party favors. Once you've danced at all six, you'll unlock the new Deep End dance emote, which has you doing Fortnite's take on the famous "C'mon and Swim" dance.
Bounce A Giant Beach Ball
The second 14 Days of Summer challenge is to bounce a giant beach ball in five different matches. As was the case with the aforementioned beach parties, the beach balls are always located in specific areas of the map, so completing the challenge is simply a matter of knowing where to go. Once you've found a beach ball, all you need to do is make contact with it to progress; do that enough times and you'll receive an uncommon rarity loading screen called Soak It Up. You can see the beach ball locations below:
- On the border of D3/E3, south of The Block
- Western part of F6, southwest of Dusty Divot
- On the border of H7/I7, northwest of Paradise Palms
Pop Five Party Balloon Decorations
The fifth 14 Days of Summer challenge is another potentially tricky one. This task asks you to pop five party balloon decorations. Fortunately, there are a ton of these scattered around the island, and you can find party balloons in many of the same locations as the beach parties from challenge #1, giving you a chance to kill two birds with one stone. Once you've spotted some party balloon decorations, hit them with your pickaxe or shoot them from afar with a gun to pop them. Pop five and you'll get a spray called Sunny, which paints a cute sun when used.
Search Unicorn Floaties At Different Swimming Holes
Challenge #6 also sends you on a journey around the map, this time to search unicorn floaties at three different swimming holes. Like many of the previous 14 Days of Summer challenges, this is simply a matter of knowing where to look, so it shouldn't pose any problem if you know where to go. There are at least eight different swimming holes around the island, but you only need to visit three to complete the challenge. Once you've reached one, find the floatie and you'll see a "Search" prompt pop up when you approach it. Do this three times and you'll get the Neon Tropics wrap. You can see the swimming hole locations we've found below:
- Hot spring northwest of Lazy Lagoon
- Beneath the dock in Lazy Lagoon
- Near the northeastern shore of Loot Lake
- In the body of water north of Lonely Lodge
- Small pond in the northern side of Dusty Divot
- In the swimming pool in Paradise Palms
- In the desert between Paradise Palms and Fatal Fields
- In the water at the southern end of Fatal Fields
Get A Score Of 10 Or More On A Carnival Clown Board
Many of the 14 Days of Summer challenges feature new elements you may not be familiar with, even if you're a Fortnite veteran. That's the case with the one that asks you to get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board. This challenge effectively amounts to playing whack-a-mole with inflated balloons at the aforementioned clown boards, which are scattered around the island. Your safest bet, however, is probably the one east of Paradise Palms; make your way there and then pop the balloons using either a weapon or your harvesting tool. Rack up a high enough score and you'll unlock the Beach Balls contrail.
Search The Tiny Rubber Ducky Hidden In Summertime Splashdown Loading Screen
Another challenge that may trip you up is to search the tiny rubber ducky. What makes this task particularly tricky is that the only clue to the ducky's whereabouts lies in the Summer Splashdown loading screen, which you can only unlock if you've completed the challenge to hit a player with a Water Balloon in three different matches. If you haven't gotten your hands on the loading screen, however, the duck is located in a tub south of Paradise Palms. Be careful when you go searching for it, though--only one ducky spawns per match, so you'll have to vie with other players to find it. Fortunately, a fix for the challenge is in the works and will launch "in a couple days," as of July 7.
Destroy Grills With Low 'N Slow Harvesting Tool
The 14th and final 14 Days of Summer challenge tasks you with destroying grills using the Low 'n Slow harvesting tool, which you'll only receive once you've completed the challenge to launch fireworks found along the river. Once you have that unlocked, completing this last challenge is simply a matter of finding a grill and thwacking it. You only need to destroy seven of them as part of this challenge, and there are plenty scattered around the island, so you have a lot of options to choose from.
Most of the grills can be found in Paradise Palms and its surrounding desert, but that area will be a hotbed for other players, so we recommend going to the grills by Snobby Shores--you can see where they're located on the map above. You can destroy the same grills in different matches and they'll still count toward your progress, so since and repeat the process a few times to complete the challenge.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org