Last Chance: Fortnite Ice Storm Challenge List (Updated)
The Ice King cometh.
Update: Fortnite's Ice Storm challenge is winding down, and you now have less than a day to complete its challenges. If you're interested in the exclusive rewards or just some easy XP, now's the time to jump into Battle Royale. Luckily, with all of the challenges now available, you can stack them somewhat easily--you'll just be spending your time killing various members of the Ice Legion, sometimes with specific weapons. Read on for the full details on what this entails. The original story follows.
Just recently, Epic Games launched the latest new seasonal Fortnite world event. In addition to changing the Battle Royale island itself, this provides players with a new batch of challenges to complete. If you've been keeping a close eye on what's been happening in Fortnite you'll know that a mysterious orb appeared recently above Polar Peak. That orb has now opened, and from within it the Ice King has emerged.
His arrival (which was followed soon after by a new content update patch) has also covered the island with an Ice Storm, which has frozen it over. An icy mist has reduced visibility and, wouldn't you know it, strange zombie-like creatures called Ice Fiends have appeared. This is the second event of this type, the previous being Fortnitemares. New changes and enemies to take on means there's ample opportunity to throw in some fresh challenges for players, and that's exactly what Epic has done. These can be best summed up as "kill a lot of AI enemies, sometimes with specific weapons."
Over the next few days, new challenges will unlock in Fortnite, each one offering 500 experience points for completion. Once six Ice Storm challenges are completed, players will received a cool black and ice blue wrap. For those who manage to complete all 13 challenges, there's a Winter's Thorn Glider as a reward. Check out the challenges available so far below.
Fortnite Ice Storm Challenges
- Complete Ice Storm Challenges (6) -- Wrap Reward
- Destroy Ice Fiends (250) -- 500 XP
- Deal damage with explosive weapons to the Ice Legion (5000) -- 500 XP
- Destroy Ice Brutes (100) -- 500 XP
- Deal damage with assault rifles or pistols to the Ice Legion (10,000) -- 500 XP
- Destroy ranged Ice Fiends (150) -- 500 XP
- Destroy golden Ice Brutes (20) -- 500 XP
- Deal damage to the Ice Legion in a single match (2,000) -- 500 XP
- Destroy an Ice Shard in different matches (10) -- 500 XP
- Destroy elite members o the Ice Legion (100) -- 500 XP
- Deal damage with shotguns or SMGs to the Ice Legion (10,000) -- 500 XP
- Destroy members of the Ice Legion (300) -- 500 XP
- Deal damage to the Ice Legion (20,000) -- 500 XP
The mysterious orb that housed the Ice King appeared as part of Fortnite's 7.20 update, which also brought back glider redeploy as an item you can collect and use. Additionally, it dropped a new gun into the mix: the Scoped Revolver.
The Ice Storm challenges should generally be fairly easy to complete, unlike their weekly counterparts, which take some legwork. Week 8 challenges are out now and include searching between a mystery hatch and other objects. For the other difficult challenges from previous weeks, you can use our full Fortnite Season 7 challenge guide for help with those.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org