Kingdom Come: Deliverance Update Out Now; Here's What It Does
Performance improvements, better lockpicking, and more.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance was greeted with a pretty warm reception upon release, although a common complaint was that it's a little rough around the edges. Today, developer Warhorse released a new update that's meant to solve many of the bugs and fix some of the performance issues.
The patch is available now on PC, and Warhorse stated on Twitter that it'll be released in the next few days for PS4 and Xbox One. It features a wide array of changes and improvements, from bug fixing to modifying certain mechanics. For example, it's overhauled the save system to make it more "robust" and prevent saves from being corrupted if the game crashed. In addition, the studio has added a "Save and Exit" feature. Further, lockpicking and pickpocketing have been improved so that they're less frustrating to perform.
The patch notes also contain several specific bug fixes, including some that are pretty funny. You can no longer be launched into the air by the alchemy bench, nor will your horse get stuck trying to jump a fence. Other parts of the game have been rebalanced; for example, the number of easily-accessible, high-reward chests has been reduced. Guards will stop and frisk you less frequently, too.
You can see the full patch notes below. The update is out now on Steam, but Warhorse has yet to give a specific date for its release on consoles. If you want to know more about the game, be sure to check out our feature on why we came to enjoy Kingdom Come--in spite of all of its issues.
- The game now has Save and Exit feature.
- Saving is much more robust and saves won't get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
- Performance improved
- LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
- Stuttering in some areas reduced.
- Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
- Improved lockpicking
- New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
- Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
- Improved pickpocketing
- You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
- The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
- Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
- The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
- Guards won't frisk you so often.
- Your horse shouldn't get stuck when jumping fences.
- Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
- You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
- You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
- Levelling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
- Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
- Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
- Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
- You can no longer autocook potions that you haven't brewed by hand at least once before.
- German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
- Late game player strength tweaked
- Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.
- Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
- It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they're helmetless.)
- Other combat system tweaks
- "Untargeted attack" exploit fixed.
- Enemy combat archery AI improved.
- Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
- (PC only) It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
- (PC only) It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60, or disable it completely.
- (PC only) Steam Cloud saving enabled.
- Other quest improvements/fixes.
- Improved CPU load balancing--better performance.
- Turkish subtitles added.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com