Kinect Star Wars dances up UK chart
Critically panned licensed title breaks EA's stranglehold on top spot; is the first Kinect game to be UK number one.
Kinect Star Wars has ended EA's five-week run at the top of the UK games chart and has become the first game requiring the Kinect to reach number one. It is also the first Star Wars game to lead the All Formats Chart since Star Wars: The Force Unleashed way back in 2008.
Despite losing out at number one, EA still dominates the chart with six games; FIFA Street, Mass Effect 3, FIFA 12, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 are at second, third, fourth, and fifth, while SSX climbs to seven and Battlefield 3 remains in the top 10 at ninth.
The Easter holiday has seen a boost in sales for the rest of the chart. Up a place to sixth, Modern Warfare 3 received a 76 percent sales increase, while at 12 Skylanders enjoyed a 130 percent increase. Devil May Cry HD Collection debuted down at 18, with sales split evenly between the Xbox 360 and PS3.
UK All-Formats Chart for the Week Ending 7 April 2012:
1. Kinect Star Wars - Microsoft
2. FIFA Street - Electronic Arts
3. Mass Effect 3 - Electronic Arts
4. FIFA 12 - Electronic Arts
5. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - Electronic Arts
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Activision Blizzard
7. SSX - Electronic Arts
8. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Segat
9. Battlefield 3 - Electronic Arts
10.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Bethesda Softworks
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org