Killing Floor 2 announced for PC and SteamOS, developer promises "visceral gore"
Tripwire Interactive officially announces sequel to 2009's FPS, says it is "cranking it to 11" for the new game.
Dual Universe - Exclusive Cinematic Trailer Top New Video Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- July 5-11, 2020 Sky Beneath - Exclusive Trailer For The Gravity-Defying Puzzle Platformer Assassin's Creed Valhalla Leaks, Ken Levine's Next Game, & The Next Xbox Series X Stream | Save State Halo 3 On PC, Mafia: Definitive Edition Delay, & Shovel Knight Dev's 3D Game | Save State Ed Boon On Making A Mortal Kombat Universe And Letting Others Take Charge Movie Trivia With Jack Pattillo Top 5 Skyrim Mods Of ALL TIME With Seb And Cam Earth Defense Force: World Brothers - Exclusive Western Release Trailer The Twilight Zone Season 2 "Ovation" Season 2 Episode 4 Breakdown & Easter Eggs! Warframe: Stalker Mode. Rebecca vs. Players! Weird West Keeps The Immersive Sim Alive
Tripwire Interactive today officially announced Killing Floor 2, a sequel to the Georgia-based developer's 2009 first-person shooter. The new game is currently in development for PC and SteamOS, and the studio promises that it is "cranking it to 11" for Killing Floor 2.
Killing Floor 2 takes place in continental Europe in a time when a deadly outbreak has spread, gathering "unstoppable momentum" and "essentially paralyzing the European Union." Set just a month after the events of the original Killing Floor, Killing Floor 2 drops players into a world where society is in total disarray. Communications are down, governments have collapses, and military forces are nowhere to be seen, Tripwire says.
It's your job to enter this inhospitable world to exterminate specimen clone outbreaks and bring the madness to an end. Below are some key features for Killing Floor 2.
- "Visceral Gore" - Tripwire says it has a new, "high-powered" persistent blood system that should bring "new levels of [blood] fidelity to the genre." You'll send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as you fight through enemies.
- Six-player co-op - You'll have a "multitude of varied playable characters" to choose from. You can also play the game solo.
- New enemies - Enemies new to the series, as well as fan-favorites from the original game (but with smarter AI), will be featured in Killing Floor 2.
- Weapons - Tripwire promises a range of offerings, including modern militaristic assault rifles, makeshift guns, and even "Mad Scientist" weapons."
- Perk system - The original game's perk system has been overhauled, Tripwire says, while new perks have also been added. Perks will progress with "meaningful talent choices" for specific playstyles, Tripwire says.
- Melee combat - Tripwire says Killing Floor 2 "reinvents melee combat completely." You'll be able to choose the type of melee attacks you want to perform, though there's no details on how this will work just yet.
Tripwire didn't say when Killing Floor 2 will be released. For more on the series, be sure to read GameSpot's review of 2009's original Killing Floor.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org