Keanu Reeves Is In Cyberpunk 2077, E3 Release Date Trailer Reveals
Cyberpunk 2077 continues to excite.
Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most anticipated games at E3 2019, and it just got even more exciting. During Microsoft's press conference, the company shared a new trailer for the upcoming RPG, which revealed that Keanu Reeves is in the game--and the actor was on hand at the event to promote his next venture.
The Hollywood star popped up at the end of a new Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, which you can watch below. Following the trailer, Reeves revealed the PS4, Xbox One, and PC game's release date of April 16, 2020. We didn't hear much about his character during the event, but afterward we learned he's playing a prominent character named Johnny Silverhand.
You can watch the entire portion of the Xbox presentation at the top of this post, and it's well worth it. Reeves seemed to be really enjoying the adoration of the crowd, interacting with them and generally having fun. At one point, after using the term "breathtaking," a man in the crowd shouted out to say Reeves was the breathtaking one. Reeves, enjoying that comment, shouted back that the fan--and everyone in attendance--was in fact breathtaking. Subsequently, CD Projekt Red said it would give the man in question a free copy of Cyberpunk.
Cyberpunk 2077 is developed by CD Projekt Red, the team behind The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. In addition to the trailer and release date, a Cyberpunk collector's edition leaked just recently. Following the announcement, CD Projekt Red sent out a press release teasing that more Cyberpunk news will be revealed at E3. For more on the game, check out everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077.
The Xbox briefing is over, but you can relive it with our E3 2019 Microsoft press conference liveblog. Microsoft revealed a ton of games and announcements, including Bleeding Edge, the new title from Ninja Theory, and the first Battletoads gameplay. But the biggest news outside of Cyberpunk concerned the next-gen Xbox and Elden Ring.
E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule
- Thursday, June 6, 9 AM PT -- Google Stadia Connect
- Saturday, June 8, 9:15 AM PT -- EA Play
- Saturday, June 8, 11 AM PT -- Nintendo Invitational Tournaments
- Sunday, June 9, 1 PM PT -- Microsoft Xbox Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 5:30 PM PT -- Bethesda Press Conference
- Sunday, June 9, 7 PM PT -- Devolver Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 10 AM PT -- PC Gaming Show
- Monday, June 10, 12 PM PT -- Limited Run Games Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 1 PM PT -- Ubisoft Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT -- Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT -- Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT -- Nintendo Direct Showcase
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com