Just Cause 3 Patch "Significantly" Improves Load Times
Open-world game's first patch cuts down load times and more.
A new patch for over-the-top open-world action game Just Cause 3 is coming this week, promising improved load times, general stability fixes, and more. The patch, 1.02, is rolling out today, December 16 on PC, and should be available for PS4 and Xbox One in the next day, pending platform-holder approvals.
Google GDC Keynote Announces Stadia - GS News Update Sekiro First 90 Minutes Of Gameplay Live Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Boss Fight - Outsmarting Juzou The Drunkard In Combat Doom Eternal Gameplay Running On Google Stadia Apex Legends Octane 13 Kill Championship Gameplay Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- March 17-23 2019 Deadwood: The Movie (2019) - HBO Teaser Trailer Apex Legends Octane Tests And Myth Busting Live Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies — Official Ancient Evil DLC Trailer My Friend Pedro Nintendo Switch Gameplay John Wick: Chapter 3 Parabellum - Official Trailer Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Beta Trailer
"Since launch, we've been pouring through your reviews and comments to help us prioritize our fixes accordingly," developer Avalanche Studios said in a post on the game's website. "We know many of you have been patiently awaiting today's patch, and this update is part of a much larger plan to optimize and improve the game. Thanks for your patience here."
Following Just Cause 3's release on December 1, gamers were quick to voice their frustration with the open-world game's long load times. This week's patch seems like good news, but it remains to be seen just how improved the load times will be.
Just Cause 3 1.02 Patch Notes
File size: 132.1 MB
- Significantly improved loading times
- Optimizations to online stats
- General stability fixes
- Fixed an issue related to challenges, wherein vehicles sometimes disappeared when starting a challenge
- Fixed issues related to screen resizing and closing the game window before the game has fully started up [PC ONLY]
Avalanche added that people still experiencing issues with Just Cause 3 after the patch should know that the studio is "working hard" to fix and improve the game further.
The developer also responded to some specific pieces of fan feedback since the game's launch. You can see a roundup of these below, with explanations directly from Avalanche.
- You can skip cutscenes, in fact--all you need to do is hold B on your gamepad, or hit 'Skip' from the pause menu.
NO SPRINT BUTTON
- This isn't an oversight; it's very much intended. Our designer's intent was to encourage you to use Rico's unique grapple to move around Medici far quicker than his legs would allow, as well as giving you the ability to traverse vertically.
- Rico doesn't hide. Getting him up in the air is our version of the cover mechanic. Rico is far more deadly in the skies, than pinned behind a container on the ground.
FINDING THE LAST CHAOS OBJECT
- While there's no mini-map to help you liberate bases and towns, you can always bring up your map to help find Chaos objects. When you're down to the last few objects in any given settlement, an approximate location for these will be displayed on the map.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com