John Wick 3: Teaser Trailer Arrives, Releases In Exactly One Year
Be seeing you....
Last week it was reported that the much-anticipated action sequel John Wick: Chapter 3 had started shooting, ahead of its release on May 17, 2019. A short teaser has now been tweeted to celebrate the movie's arrival in exactly one year.
Unsurprisingly there's not any actual footage, but it's a very cool teaser and sets a dark, stylish tone. Keanu Reeves, as the reluctant, hunted hitman Wick, stares straight ahead while the rain comes down and the letters JW3 flash ominously. Check it out below:
John Wick: Chapter 3 is directed by Chad Stahelski, who helmed last year's Chapter 2 and co-directed the first movie in 2014. While no cast members beyond Reeves have been announced yet, it's likely that Ian McShane, Lance Reddick, John Leguizamo, and Laurence Fishburne will all reprise their roles from the previous films.
Last year, Stahelski spoke about his plans for John Wick: Chapter 3. "We want, not so much to go bigger on the third one, but to show you more of the intricacies of the world," he said. "I feel like there are all these different subtleties that I skipped over in part 2, that I'd like to go back to [with part 3] and show you the inner workings of different parts of New York."
Development of the long-rumored John Wick TV spin-off The Continental was also confirmed by Starz in January. The channel's president Chris Albrecht said that the show will "include the thunderous fight sequences and intensely staged shootouts between professional assassins and their targets that fans have come to expect in the John Wick movie franchise as well as introducing some new, darkly compelling characters who inhabit this underground world." The Continental does not yet have a premiere date.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com