Infamous: Second Son day-one patch includes free "six weeks" of additional episodic content
PS4-exclusive inFamous: Second Son has a day-one patch that extends a currently running ARG with additional in-game content.
Top New Video Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month -- April 2020 7 Big Ways NPCs Make Fallout 76 Feel More Alive The Biggest New Changes In Persona 5 Royal Apex Legends - “The Old Ways” Bloodhound Cinematic Trailer TV Shows To Binge-Watch While Social Distancing | You Should Be Watching Ep 5 Free Xbox One And Xbox 360 Games With Gold For April 2020 Revealed Best Shows And Movies To Stream For April 2020 - Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video Let's Play Resident Evil 3 Remake AHS: Freak Show - Episode 7 "Test of Strength" Breakdown Resident Evil 3 Video Review How To Become A Millionaire In Animal Crossing: New Horizons Let's Hunt For Eggs In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Listed in the review notes for inFamous: Second Son are details on additional content players will be able to access along with the day-one patch for the game. The approximately 300MB patch also includes the standard bug fixes and minor gameplay tweaks.
The additional storyline included in the patch is described as "an innovative storyline in the narrative of the game world, but that also has content and gameplay outside the PS4 game itself." It mentions that sharp-eyed players may have noticed an easter egg in the game's TV commercial directing them to www.enjoyyourpower.com, a still-unfolding ARG created by developer Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment that ties into Second Son. The description says, "At the end of the rabbit hole is six weeks of weekly episodic game content that weaves in and out of the game, giving you more gameplay and backstory on the world of Second Son."
In the game, you'll have access to the first mission in the Paper Trail storyline, but it's essentially free content that adds "approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay" through 19 additional story mission. The patch also includes Cole's Legacy Content Pack, which is a free upgrade for player's who pre-ordered the game. The four additional story missions in this content pack add approximately one hour of gameplay and "explore the events immediately following inFamous 2.
The day-one patch includes the following fine tuning adjustments and bug fixes:
- Difficulty Balance
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
- Boss Fights
- The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
- More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks
- Pedestrians and DUPs
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
- Technical Improvements
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC
InFamous: Second Son is out tomorrow exclusively for PlayStation 4, but you can read our full review right now.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org