Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity's First Update Now Live, Here Are The Patch Notes
The newly launched Zelda spin-off has received a 1.0.1 update that resolves a handful of potentially game-breaking bugs.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is out on Nintendo Switch, and the game's first update is now available as well. The version 1.0.1 patch is now live, and it adds a Spanish audio option and resolves a handful of potentially game-breaking bugs.
Specifically, the update fixes a couple of issues that prevented players from progressing further in the game in certain circumstances. You can see the full patch notes, taken from Nintendo's official support website, below.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is the second Dynasty Warriors-style Zelda spin-off from Koei Tecmo, following the original Hyrule Warriors on Wii U (which was ported to Switch back in 2018). The game is a prequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and is set 100 years before the events of the Switch launch game, following Link, Zelda, and the Kingdom of Hyrule as they try to thwart the return of Calamity Ganon.
In addition to Link and Zelda, Age of Calamity features a variety of playable characters, including the four Champions Revali, Daruk, Urbosa, and Mipha, as well as young Impa. Players who have save data for Breath of the Wild on their Switch systems will receive a bonus weapon upon starting Age of Calamity: the Training Sword.
We scored the new Zelda spin-off a 6/10 in our Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity review. "The main reason I dove into Age of Calamity is because I love its world and the history it tries to remember. So for a game to retread them and proclaim to have something new to say when its inspiration's most striking moments come from what it leaves unsaid is a big ask. But my problem with Age of Calamity isn't that it fails to live up to that responsibility. It's that it doesn't even try. It doesn't have the courage to see things through," we wrote.
Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity Ver. 1.0.1 Patch Notes
- Added Spanish audio.
- Fixed software issues, including the following problems:
- Fixed issue where proceeding further became impossible after certain operations in the menu screen of the two-player mode.
- Fixed issue where proceeding further sometimes became impossible when changing characters at a certain point in some of the scenarios.
- Fixed issue where proceeding beyond the loading screen sometimes became impossible after defeating an enemy with a certain procedure in some of the scenarios.
- Fixed the issue where the screen display got corrupted and controls apart from the HOME Button stopped responding after certain operations in the materials selling menu.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.