Hunt: Showdown Update Now Live On PS4 And Xbox One, Full Patch Notes Revealed
Thanks to the new console patch, Hunt: Showdown should perform better on PS4 and Xbox One.
The biggest change Hunt's update introduces is a fix to latency. According to a developer note, Crytek "shaved off the most outstanding delays Hunt had between player input and on-screen responses." The studio said the patch, which is focused solely on consoles, should make aiming more responsive. Input lag hasn't been totally eliminated, but rather, as Crytek continues to investigate latency issues, "the changes [the studio has] done now will already present a world of difference in the quality of [Hunt's] experience."
The patch also makes a bunch of other adjustments to Hunt. These include stabilizing the game to prevent crashes, increasing the gamma on PS4 to brighten "extremely dark locations," and more. You can check out the full Hunt: Showdown patch notes below.
Hunt: Showdown is the latest game from the developer of the Crysis franchise. Originally launching into Steam Early Access in February 2018 before its full PC release in August 2019, Hunt: Showdown made its way to Xbox One and PS4 in September 2019 and February 2020, respectively. While Crytek continues to polish Hunt: Showdown on all platforms, the studio said a battle royale mode could happen someday.
Full Hunt: Showdown PS4 & Xbox One Patch Notes
- Reduced perceivable delay after in-game camera rotation and character movement (Input Lag).
- Increased sensitivity setting ranges.
- Disabled the aim assist feature for the Nitro Express rifle in order to avoid it being exploited in close-quarters fights.
- Increased the default Gamma for Playstation 4 in order to help with extremely dark locations (especially during Night Time contracts).
- Fixed a number of crashes.
Performance & Stability
- Clients might crash during gameplay or upon loading back to the menu.
UI & Meta
- Book of Weapons item unlock popup repeats after every Training session if an item was unlocked in the last normal mission before playing the tutorial.
- Persistent grouping doesn't work sometimes when returning from a match.
- Starting the game with a completely new profile doesn't show the Tutorial Hunter selection screen (the hunter can still be selected manually though).
- Disabled "Auto-Hide Equipment Display" and "Auto-Hide Health and Stamina Displays" can lead to some UI elements overlapping.
- The chat key can't be customized yet.
- Tutorial: After respawning, guns that aren't fully loaded trigger replenishment icon even if the total ammo is already maxed out.
- Dying to an explosive that exploded due to world fire shows a wrong death screen.
- Players might end up in a state where the UI shows them in a group, although they are no
- Team members might not be rendered immediately upon joining a group. Switching tabs will make them appear.
- Stamina consumption for two consecutive heavy melee attacks with the Sparks rifle might be incorrect.
- Reloading the Sparks right after a shot, before cocking the hammer, cocks the hammer twice and delays the reload.
- World items in some specific spots might not always be equippable.
- Melee attacks might not break windows when standing very close to them.
- Any attack of AI instantly explodes a barrel that is set on fire (and doesn't damage the AI).
- Tutorial: Camera position might briefly jump to spawn location right before extraction.
- Hive Bomb throw cannot be canceled anymore by holding the item in the hands.
- If a player jumps on a ladder and jumps off immediately, he might fall through the ground.
- The Spider can become stuck sometimes.
- The Spider can bump repeatedly into a player it just floored.
- Butcher might teleport to the lower floor in Davant Ranch.
- Immolator can have problems choosing a target when 2 players stand on opposite sites of fences.
- Leeches can sometimes survive the death of their Meatheads.
Visual & Audio
- Texture and/or animation streaming can sometimes be slow.
- Distances for boss whispers are slightly off when the boss is underground.
- In rare cases, players might see a permanent ghosting effect on the skybox.
- Minor animation issues can occur when switching between weapons/items or during exhausted attacks.
- Throwable world items don't get rendered anymore when throwing them very far.
- Aperture sight unfolds for one frame when playing the unfolding animation.
- Player's arms stretch in third person when throwing an Axe or Hammer (with Tomahawk Trait).
- The last shot using the Fanning trait doesn't have muzzle flash and audio when shooting all bullets in one go.
- Grunts might sometimes spawn in player's sight.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.