Huge Halo Wars 2 Patch Coming Soon, See The Patch Notes Here
Halo Wars 2 is getting patched up next week; ranked playlists coming by the end of the month.
A "huge" patch for Halo Wars 2 is on the way, developer 343 Industries has announced. In its latest weekly blog post, the studio said this patch, due out soon, will address "a number of the most common issues being reported by some players."
The patch fixes a bug where players could get stuck at the loading screen and another where some PC players saw a black screen when booting the game up. It also adds a welcome-sounding feature on PC that will alert players if they have old drivers.
There are a number of gameplay changes, too, including a fix for a problem where units would become unresponsive in the Blitz mode. It also clears out an issue where some units could receive a 4X speed boost, while friendly cloaked units will now appear on the minimap.
The patch does not include any balance changes for the game's units, though 343 is tracking player feedback and will adjust the game accordingly in the future.
You can see the complete patch notes below, along with a list of known issues that 343 is tracking and may address in future updates.
The patch does not have a release date yet, but the goal is to have it out ASAP, 343 said. It will arrive first on Xbox One with PC to follow because PC is a "much more complicated platform."
Additionally, 343 said Halo Wars 2's ranked playlists are scheduled to be released later this month. 343 intentionally held back ranked playlists at launch so as to be more welcoming to new players.
"We know a lot of you are very eager to participate in ranked seasons and a bit more hardcore competitive multiplayer so hang tight, it's coming soon," 343 said.
In other Halo news, 343 also revealed some major changes to Halo 5 regarding its motion sensor that will go live next week--you can read more about that here.
Halo Wars 2 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on the loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused some PC players to see a black screen on startup
- Several "desync" fixes, one of which covered most of the tracked occurrences
- Fixed a variety of PC crashes that were hardware-dependent
- Fixed a Network Error on opening Blitz Packs
- Fixed some AI issues in Skirmish that could cause performance hits
- Fixed some performance hitches in Cooperative Campaign
- Made performance improvements on various hardware
- Overall multiplayer performance improvements
- Fixed some crashes that could occur when loading a saved game
- Fixed an issue that would cause a Campaign mission to get stuck after loading a save
- Fixed a bug with joining a party and getting a network error
- Added a driver check on PC to alert users to the presence of old drivers
- Fixed an issue that caused players to disconnect from multiplayer games at the beginning of the match
- Fixed issue with "Detect" on some starting units not working properly
- Fixed an issue with getting the Palmer's Pure Gold Achievement
- Fixed some bugs with Kodiaks in Campaign
- Fixed a bug with garrisoned Snipers not getting additional stats
- Fixed issue with squads getting stuck trying to garrison if another squad beats them to it
- Gold medal can now be more easily attained in ‘Hold the Line’
- Fixed a Cyclops and Reaver pathing bug where they would sometimes stop moving
- Fixed an issue with units getting stuck in bases after being made
- Fixed various skull functionality not working on some units or abilities
- Fixed some cross-skull interactions between Annihilation and Pestilence
- Fixed some Locust pathing issues in Blitz (even though they’re driven by Grunts)
- Fixed an issue with units becoming unresponsive in Blitz
- Fixed an issue in Blitz with units getting a x4 speed boost in a specific situation
- Fixed a conflict created by swapping d-pad functionality in Blitz
- Fixed an issue with the Blisterback not recovering from damage in Blitz
- Fixed behavior of Marines sometimes failing to get new targets after throwing a grenade
- Friendly cloaked units now appear on the minimap
- Made some adjustments to Scarab creation
- Tweaks to Grunt Mob, Bloodfuel Grunts, and Bloodfuel Locust
- Holo Decoy can no longer be used on Pelicans or Spirits
- Fixed card level of units affected by Holo Decoy not showing over clones
- Glassing beam always creates vision now in Blitz
- Adjusted AI to make better use of Healing and Cloaking fields
- Skirmish AI now uses Extraction and Teleport
- AIs have been practicing their Domination game
- Fixed a bug where parties were always assigned to Team 1
- Fixed a rare issue with users not actually getting to play the leader they selected in Blitz
- “Halt” cinematic should no longer be unlocked early in theater
- Fixed some daily/weekly challenge issues where they were not tracked in some playlists
- PC players can no longer tab target to whisper to themselves
- Phoenix Log page adjustments
- Pause menu adjustments
- Set default difficulty of AI to normal from easy
- Cleaned up some language localizations
- Fixed a bug with UI textures failing to load
- Fixed some minimap graphical issues
- Fixed a PC issue with starting army text overlapping some UI
- Fixed some issues with individual card pack opening animations
- Fixed an issue with a terminal for a red barrier not having a display string
- Fixed a Domination icon issue, where it would rotate briefly when being recaptured
- Fixed an issue with Health bars getting stuck on the screen
- Fixed some issues with particles randomly shooting across the maps for various objects
- Adjusted transparency on locked skulls in the side panel
- Radial menu has been cleaned up a bit
- Added extra visual indicator to aid players when they are selecting cards
- Made some enhancements to the leader selection carousel
- Fixed an issue with the announcer constantly reporting Zone B is contested when it’s not
- Fixed an issue with the Condor being able to be heard through fog of war
- Fixed incorrect audio playing on some units when damaged
- Fixed some issues with units calling out the wrong attackers
- Fixed an issue with using right trigger or mouse wheel would cause audio spam
- Added audio to Plasma Mines deploy
- Added a variety of sound effects, and adjusted timing on some existing ones
Last, But Not Least
- Under-the-hood preparation for future ranked multiplayer
- We are still working on a fix for a known issue where a game can sometimes freeze or result in a very low frame rate
- Investigating some reports of performance issues with cinematics
- Investigating reports of the mini-map occasionally being unresponsive on PC
- Occasional infinite loading screen when loading into consecutive missions in co-op
- Game can sometimes hang indefinitely when restarting a mission
- Unit balance feedback and assessment is ongoing by the design team
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.