How To Watch Nintendo Direct February 2022
Nintendo is gearing up for another big showcase, and it's happening very soon.
Update: The Nintendo Direct has concluded, and it packed a ton of news, including some notable surprises like Chrono Cross, Nintendo Switch Sports, EarthBound, new Mario Kart 8 DLC, and more. You can check out all of our stories below.
- EarthBound And EarthBound Beginnings Are Coming To Nintendo Switch Today
- Mario Kart 8 Is Getting 48 DLC Courses By End Of 2023
- Switch Sports Finally Delivers On The Wii Sports Sequel We've Always Wanted
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Announced, Set To Launch September 2022
- Disney Speedstorm, A Disney/Pixar Kart Racer, Revealed At Nintendo Direct
- No Man's Sky Coming To Nintendo Switch This Summer
- Kirby And The Forgotten Land Trailer Shows Kirby Absorbing Traffic Cones And Cars
- Metroid Dread Update Adds New Difficulties For Free
- Portal And Portal 2 Hit Nintendo Switch This Year In Companion Collection
- Triangle Strategy For Switch Free Demo Out Today
- Front Mission Remake Headed To Nintendo Switch This Summer
- Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Mario Strikers: Battle League Announced For Nintendo Switch
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Coming To Nintendo Switch In April
- Chrono Cross Remake The Radical Dreamers Edition Revealed For Nintendo Switch
- Splatoon 3 Trailer Teases New Salmon Run, Summer Release Date Window
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes Announced For Nintendo Switch
- Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp Gets April Release Date
Original story: The next Nintendo Direct event has been announced, and it begins very shortly. You won't want to miss this one, as it's far more than a little partner showcase or teaser. Nintendo has confirmed the next Direct will take place today, February 9, starting at 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET.
This showcase will run for about 40 minutes--so it's a pretty big one--and it'll have news "mainly" focused on Nintendo Switch games launching in the first half of 2022. The "mainly" part suggests the briefing might also have some news about games launching during different time frames. GameSpot will report back with all the news as the event unfolds.
How to watch Nintendo Direct
Restart Nintendo Direct February 2022 Livestream How Final Fantasy VII Changed EVERYTHING This Yuffie Build Completely Breaks Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth This Off-Road Sim is Actually A Puzzle Game Fort Condor Guide - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Firearms Expert Reacts To Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered’s Guns Another Terrible Week In Video Games, What Is Going On? | Spot On SYNDUALITY: Echo of Ada - Official Gameplay Trailer Apex Legends: Inner Beast Collection Event Trailer Outlast Trials Exclusive Official Launch Gameplay Trailer Ninja Gaiden - Official "Happy 20th Anniversary" Trailer Melatonin - Release Date Trailer
As usual, you'll presumably be able to watch the showcase in all the normal places: YouTube and Twitch, as well as here on GameSpot. You can see that video embedded above when it begins.
What to expect
Nintendo gave no indications or teases for what to expect from the February 9 Nintendo Direct, but we do know it will run for about 40 minutes and, as mentioned in the announcement tweet, it will be focused primarily on relatively close releases. This means we likely won't get much news on games that are very early in development.
This will be the first Nintendo Direct since the Animal Crossing: New Horizons-focused Direct in October and the general Nintendo Direct from September 2021.
In other news, the Switch recently surpassed 103 million units sold, overtaking the Wii. It is now Nintendo's best-selling home console of all time, and it's only in the middle of its lifecycle.