How Long Does Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare's Campaign Last?
How long is a Modern Warfare these days?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is out now, bringing the series back to a gritty modern-day theater of war. The campaign tells the story of moral compromises and civilian damage. But how long does it take to see it through?
Before release, Infinity Ward promised that the campaign would last about as long as you'd expect from a Call of Duty game, but that it could vary greatly. In our experience, a playthrough of the campaign lasts 4-5 hours. That was the case regardless of difficulty, so play on the mode that you feel most comfortable with.
Call of Duty News
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard And Warzone Season 1 Start Date And Details
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard Zombies Worldwide Reveal Set For October 14
- How To Complete Forsaken Main Easter Egg In CoD: Black Ops Cold War Zombies
- How To Get Chrysalax Wonder Weapon In CoD: Black Ops Cold War Zombies
- Call Of Duty: Vanguard Story Trailer Showcases Cast And Their Mission
Reviews have been hitting right alongside the release of the game, and so far the critical consensus seems fairly positive--if not effusive. That's also the case in GameSpot's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare review-in-progress, which gave it a score of 7/10. Kallie Plagge said the campaign raises interesting questions but fails to take them to a deeper level.
"Just when it could really make a point about any other aspect of modern war, it pulls back," the review states. "Modern Warfare makes old observations and presents them with new flourishes. Those new flourishes do make for a good campaign and solid multiplayer. But it's when Modern Warfare asks you to think harder that it falls short."
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.