Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are each facing a tough challenge at this year's E3. With each company competing to win over the hearts of the gaming community, it's clear that each need to bring its A-game news and announcements. With our anticipation for the upcoming press conferences building, we've begun to speculate upon what each company needs to do to win this year's big event. Below you can find a series of features detailing our thoughts and beliefs for the big three: Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.
For more on E3 2016, check out our news and features below, and be sure to follow GameSpot during showtime on Twitter, on Facebook, and on Snapchat for all the latests news, features, and reactions on the biggest games and announcements wherever you are.
- E3 2016: Everything You Need to Know Before Showtime--Here's what you need to know about this year's biggest showcase in gaming.
- Here's When E3 2016's Press Conferences Take Place--Need to know when each press conference takes place? Here are the times and dates.
- Sony chief executive confirms new Neo PS4 console--After months of speculation, Sony finally confirms that PS4.5 is real and coming soon.
- Nintendo expands E3 coverage beyond Zelda--It turns out The Legend of Zelda isn't the only game Nintendo is showing off this year. Check out what else the company has in store.
- E3 2016 Rumor Roundup--Countless rumors have been circulating around the upcoming announcements at this year's show. Here are all the ones we know.
- Most Anticipated Games of E3 2016--Check out our most anticipated games of this year's E3.
How Can Sony Win
How Can Sony Win E3 2016--Sony is facing yet another challenge at this year's E3. Its press conference last year garnered widespread acclaim for its string of announcements, which included Shenmue III, the Final Fantasy VII remake, and the return of The Last Guardian. With such an impressive array of games, fans are likely to expect a press conference of the same caliber this year. But what does the company need to reveal this time to top its previous conference?
How Can Microsoft Win
How Can Microsoft Win E3 2016?--Microsoft delivered a solid round of announcements last year, balancing its showing with a roster of new and pre-existing games alongside exciting new hardware features. But if Microsoft hopes to create hype surrounding Xbox One and its fans, it needs to showcase something even grander than years prior. So what does the company need to reveal this time to top last year's press conference?
How Can Nintendo Win
How Can Nintendo Win E3 2016?--Nintendo is heading to E3 this year with only a handful of games, primarily focusing its efforts on showcasing the upcoming The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. With such a limited roster, what does the company need to do at E3 2016 to keep gamers interested?