How All of EA's New Star Wars Games are Shaping Up
Here's an update the Star Wars games in the works at Visceral, Motive, BioWare, Respawn, and DICE.
Today during EA's E3 2016 briefing, the company released a video that provides a status update on the company's numerous Star Wars games. The video touches on the projects currently in development at DICE, Visceral, Motive, BioWare, and Capital Games.
We also learn that EA's newly launched Motive Studios, whose boss is Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond, is collaborating with DICE on a new Battlefront game. Interestingly, this game will include content from "the new movies," Raymond teased. Additionally, there is a glimpse of footage from Visceral's game. Check out the video above.
Raymond says in the video that EA's overall goal for its Star Wars project is to make players say, "Wow, I never thought they were going to bring my Star Wars fantasy to life."
Check back later today for a further breakdown and analysis of EA's Star Wars games.
EA Star Wars Games in Development:
- DICE -- Collaborating with Motive on new Star Wars Battlefront game, coming in 2017.
- Respawn -- Third-person action adventure game (no release date)
- Visceral Games -- New action game coming in 2018
- BioWare -- Continued development on Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Capital Games -- Continued development on Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
- Motive -- A new Star Wars Battlefront game, in collaboration with DICE.
- Criterion -- Assisting with development on unspecified Star Wars project
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.