Horror Studio Blumhouse Un-Cancels Halloween With The First BlumFest Virtual Horror Con
Blumhouse knows Halloween is different this year and wants to give us something else to celebrate instead.
Halloween parties, trick-or-treating, haunted houses--they're all on hold this year. That doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy some kind of spooky treat for All Hallows' Eve. Thankfully, Blumhouse Studios, best known for movies like The Purge, Happy Death Day, and Get Out, has our backs. The horror studio announced today that it will put on the "first annual" BlumFest, a virtual event to celebrate existing Blumhouse properties and promote new ones. The event kicks off at 10 a.m. PT this Thursday, October 29, on Blumhouse's YouTube channel and Facebook page.
“This year has sidelined a lot for all of us, but Halloween is a treasured season at Blumhouse, so we conceived BlumFest to celebrate with our fans via a virtual event that will feature exclusive interviews and never-before-seen footage on an upcoming release or two,” said Jason Blum, Blumhouse CEO & founder in the announcement.
The event, moderated by Rotten Tomatoes editor Jacqueline Coley, will consist of five virtual panels featuring discussions for movies like The Craft: Legacy, Freaky, and Halloween Kills. Here are the official panel descriptions:
- Welcome to the Blumhouse - Join Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios and Jason Blum for a lively conversation about the successful collaboration between Amazon and Blumhouse on the recently launched films, The Lie, Nocturne, Evil Eye and Black Box. Mamoudou Athie from the film Black Box will join the conversation, along with surprise guests for an announcement or two. The four films are available to stream on Amazon Prime Video now. #WelcomeToTheBlumhouse #BlumFest2020
- The Craft: Legacy - Writer / director Zoe Lister Jones and her film’s coven, stars Cailee Spaeny, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone, and Zoey Luna have a bewitching chat about continuing the original film cult hit and reveal secrets from the set. The film is set for an Wednesday, October 28 (midnight EST) release on PVOD and EST in North America, with a planned theatrical release in select international countries. #TheCraft #BlumFest2020
- Freaky - Writer / director Chris Landon; stars Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton; and producer Jason Blum talk about the highly anticipated body swapping horror comedy that will arrive in theaters on Friday, November 13 in the US and in select international markets. #FreakyMovie #BlumFest2020
- Halloween Kills - Writer / director David Gordon Green; actress and icon Jamie Lee Curtis; franchise producer Malek Akkad from Trancas Films; producer Bill Block from Miramax; and producer Jason Blum convene to talk about the upcoming film’s October 2021 release. #HalloweenKills #BlumFest2020
- The Good Lord Bird - Executive producer, writer and star, Ethan Hawke, of the critically acclaimed series, and series executive producer Jason Blum discuss their most recent collaboration, which is currently airing on Showtime. #TheGoodLordBird #BlumFest2020
Along with these virtual panels, Blumhouse is promising surprise guests that it says will share news about upcoming unannounced Blumhouse projects.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com