Horizon Zero Dawn Fixes Some Of Its Crashes On PC With Patch 1.01, Available Now
Guerrilla Games has released the latest update for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC; see the full patch notes here.
Horizon Zero Dawn launched on PC earlier this month and the former PlayStation 4 exclusive hasn't had a smooth ride on its new platform thus far. Some notable issues have held back the PC version, but developer Guerrilla Games announced last week that it's trying to fix the crashes and other technical issues many players have encountered since launch. That begins today, as patch 1.01 is now live.
While the latest update doesn't fix everything, Guerrilla has outlined some of the high priority issues it's currently working on. For instance, patch 1.01 fixes some of the game's start-up crashes but not all of them, so this is something the studio is hoping to address in future updates. There are also some GPU-related hangs during gameplay, performance issues on specific GPUs and hardware combinations, and graphical settings issues such as 4K not displaying correctly or anisotropic filtering not working, that are being worked on.
Patch 1.01 for Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC is live now. Find the patch notes here: https://t.co/zncfbrzdtG— Guerrilla (@Guerrilla) August 14, 2020
This is a small initial patch; please know that we are already working on the next one – thanks for your patience and understanding!#HorizonZeroDawnPC pic.twitter.com/VtWSiOkNvG
Aside from this, patch 1.01 does fix a number of issues related to functionality, improved diagnostic data, and more.
"We're very grateful for all the reports and posts from our players so far," Guerrilla said in a post on Reddit. "Some issues still need more investigation and testing, so our team is hard at work on the next patch which will go live next week. If you are experiencing issues, please continue to send us your crash reports; additionally, you can go here to report any other problems you might encounter."
Horizon Zero Dawn PC 1.01 Full Patch Notes
In addition to the issues identified previously, we're working on a number of high-priority issues:
- Some players are experiencing startup crashes. Patch 1.01 fixes a few, but not all, of these crashes.
- Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering not working, 4K not displaying correctly, or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- We're aware of and continue to investigate all issues in this list on Reddit as well. Thank you to u/EvilMonkeySlayer for compiling this for us.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the SteamUI didn't initialize properly on startup.
Functionality Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Concentration and other slowdown mechanics wouldn’t work for everyone.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving the game. We are still investigating other saved game issues as well.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving screenshots in Photo Mode.
- Added improved diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
- Fixed several backend issues.
- Fixed a video corruption issue for specific hardware. We're continuing to look at other hardware configurations as well.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.