Here Are Watch Dogs 2's Six Different Special Editions
True to form, Ubisoft's upcoming open-world game will have a lot of editions to choose from.
Ubisoft officially revealed Watch Dogs 2 this week and it looks promising. It's got a new protagonist alongside new tools and cars, and it's set in the San Francisco Bay Area. But Ubisoft has also announced that, just like the first game, Watch Dogs 2 will have a handful of different editions you can buy.
In fact, it'll have six different special editions, some of which are exclusive to Ubisoft's Uplay store. Each includes different in-game and real-world items. You can check out a breakdown of the versions below:
- Deluxe Edition ($69.99): The base game, plus two "Deluxe Packs" with in-game "premium" customization items for your character, weapons, vehicles, and drones.
- Gold Edition ($99.99): The Deluxe Edition plus a Season Pass for future DLC missions and gear.
- San Francisco Edition: The Deluxe Edition plus a Collector's Box; a figurine of the game's protagonist, Marcus; San Francisco-themed laptop stickers; lithographs; a San Francisco map.
- Wrench Junior Robot Collector's Pack (Uplay Store Exclusive): Either the standard game, the Deluxe Edition, or the Gold Edition, plus a 7.8 inch replica of an in-game robot controllable by an iPhone or Android app.
- Return of DedSec Collector's Box (Uplay Store Exclusive): The Gold Edition of the game plus real-world DedSec items, the Marcus figurine, Marcus's scarf and hat, and an art book.
In addition to all of this, if you preorder the game you'll get access to the Zodiac Killer mission.
We've reached out to Ubisoft on regional availability of these editions. The San Francisco Edition and Return of DedSec Collector's Box both only showed up in UK press releases; they were not discussed in the materials Ubisoft sent to the American team. The other four versions are available for preorder right now in the US. We will update this story with any new information about the other two.
You can read more about Watch Dogs 2 here. The game launches on November 15 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Keep an eye on GameSpot next week for more news and impressions about the game coming out of E3 2016.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com